• Tweets

• Hi.   If you do a search of our forums you will find other people who've had trouble with Marquis. Sadly people don't always update their threads with the final result.   Scroll up this page to the red strip at the top, and type Marquis into the white search box on the right.   HB
    • I think independent assessments and quotations will be essential. Once again please monitor this thread for a for the reply later on or tomorrow
    • We'd love to return it but from everything I've read it would a long drawn out business so keeping it would probably be simpler.   I think we are going to give them a chance to sort the heating/hot water.We've got very squeaky brakes now which my local garage is going to look at a week on Monday. I'm saving all receipts etc. I'd also like to charge them for fuel used and my time doing what they should have done.   The time they take to get anything done is what is bothering me. If I choose to go somewhere else for a repair for anything would I be able to charge Marquis or do I have to continue using their warranty   I hadn't thought of getting an independent assessment, not sure how you go about it but I'll look into it. Thanks for the reply  
    • Bristol Energy may be in a difficult position at the moment, as Bristol City Council who own them, have decided to sell .  Whether this has affected them being able to deal with Data Protection Subject Access Requests ?  I should imagine that their customers may be contacting them in large numbers given the uncertainty and that may the reason for any delays.    The OP may want to resolve their issue as soon as possible, as if another energy company does buy the portfolio of customers remaining, I am not sure this would lead to a quicker resolution.
    • Paypal are based out of Luxembourg and as they deal with billions of transactions, it is probably just a numbers game to them.   We see regular reports of debts owed amounting to thousands and they never appear to go beyond DCA's sending out their communications.     It must be a question of cost of collection activities versus how much they could collect in reasonable time.  The DCA's probably collect a  sufficient percentage, for the rest of the remaining debts to be written off against any tax liabilities. 
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
Snowshoe

Lloyds and no CCA

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3567 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have an outstanding debt with Lloyds which I was paying back until 1 year ago when they sent it to the debt collectors, it first went to AIC and has now been passed to Credit Security Limited, I have written to CSL and asked for a copy of my CCA, they sent me a letter saying they had requested it, I have recieved another letter threatening court action or a visit by a local collector, the same day I recieved my letter back that I sent CSL from LLoyds with my postal order and a compliment slip saying they do not have my CCA due to the age of the account. Which letter do I send now, and to whom? How long will Lloyds continue to chase this debt?

Keep this letter safe (confirming no Agreement).

Send CSL the Account in Dispute/Bemused letter.

Just because they are unable to enforce this alleged debt through a Court does not mean that it does not exist, and they can continue to chase.

Also send the 'doorstep' letter.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?436-Failiure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/590-letter-used-when-a-dca-threatens-a-doorstep-visit-

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.