waroo

Halifax overdraft - unfair relationship test

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3563 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Not sure if I've posted this in the right section (sorry).

I justed wanted to ask if anyone had any thoughts on if the Halifax overdraft charges of £1 per day could possibly fall into the 'Unfair Relationship Test'. I don't really know much about this but have read up on the Nation Debt Line website about a Time Order & it mentioned something about the Unfair relationship test.

Also, can an overdraft be eligible for a time order application. I have only just read up on this so sorry if it's a bit jumbled & vague.

Also, does anyone know if the Halifax are allowed to take thier monthly bank charges if their wasn't enough money to cover them. They took their charges on Saturday (I thought they took them on the last day each month which was Sunday) but couldn't get to the bank in time once I realised as they close at 1pm on Sat, so have incurred two days at £5 per day as they are obviously closed on Sundays so had to wait until Monday.

I'm pointlessly going to send a letter asking them to freeze the account & charges to allow me to repay.

Anyone had an experiences themselves or any advice on my best way forward. Thank you