kathl33n

United Utilities Are we all paying in Advance ?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3563 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Are we all paying in advance :?: If so why :?: I have paid most of my bill but am receiving a steady strem of threatening letters from debt collectors even though the billing period is up to spring 2011. Proportionately I have paid up to date. Surely all those threatening letters cost money - maybe they pay for them with the interest made from having our money before I've had the services which I'm paying for. Also it is very difficult to pay them as most Post Offices either dont accept money for United Utilities or charge for doing so. Why is this ?

This has left me a bit puzzled ... (which isn't difficult)

For a credit meter (where you get a bill based on the meter reading), so (unless it was an estimate & too high) the bill is for gas / electricity that you have already used.

If they are chasing for monthly payments and you weren't were in credit then they would be chasing for advance payment.