Pregnant

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4922 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I started to work in a permanent contract with the Compass Group in 1 June 2010.

Is a company that is situated in the Council building.

In September I informed my employer about my pregnancy. The company spoke to me about risk assessment . In 2 November 2010 I was dismissed alleging that my position on the job was redundant.

They made a selection matrix and scored all staff. My score was unfair for me and my colleagues.

Thank you for your reply

Luciana

I started to work in a permanent contract with the Compass Group in 1 June 2010.

Is a company that is situated in the Council building.

In September I informed my employer about my pregnancy. The company spoke to me about risk assessment . In 2 November 2010 I was dismissed alleging that my position on the job was redundant.

They made a selection matrix and scored all staff. My score was unfair for me and my colleagues.

Thank you for your reply

Luciana

That won't work. Why was it unfair, and did you appeal and what was said. And was this actually the Council - lots of people have bases in Council offices but it doesn't mean a thing as to who the employer was. Based on these details there is no case - there is nothing to stop you being dismissed while pregnant, only because of pregnancy. People who are pregnant can be made redundant, a redundancy exercise happened and according to you other people were also made redundant (presumably people who are not pregnant?)

they must state the grounds for dismissal

be it

misconduct etc

what were the exact grounds

Post #3 says that the reason given was redundancy, and that a sleection process was carried out - and at least implies that other colleagues were also made redundant. So assuming that this information is correct, the question still stands - why was it unfair and was it appealed?