• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Ive stopped!!!

mazbck
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4413 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, its only been 24 hours so far and I will admit I have struggled at times so far, and my caffiene intake is higher than usual, so please no lectures about drinking de-caff!!:!: But all in all I think I seem to be managing.

We were wise when we moved into the house and that we said we would either smoke out side or in the office, so today I made sure the PC didnt go on until later on in the day, and its been too damned cold and windy to even think about going outside.

Ive plenty chewing gum, and due to just getting over a broken wrist Im taking up knitting again, to that will help keep my hands occuppied and muscles moving!

I made up my mind last night and thought I would call the docs in the morning to see if I could get help, but to be told There isnt an available appointment with the smoking cessation group for 6 weeks!!!

So its cold turkey for OH and me, but we have decided with the money we will save, its either a new car next year for us or another decent holiday!

So after 25 years of smoking, not even stopping when ill, Ive just gone 24 hours without one ciggy!!

Well done to you. Feel proud of yourself for every hour you go without a cig. In a few days time you will wonder what all the fuss of smoking is about. You have already saved some money and I bet you smell real nice with out the aroma of smoke.

Really struggling and I know the OH had a really bad morning at work and he has succumbed and had a ciggy there from a work mate, but Im still determined to do this.

To anyone that has stopped, did you feel nausea with sore tummy for the first few days or am I just coming down with a bug:sad:

Keep going your doing really really well, the first four/five days are really really hard.

I did what your are doing and went cold turkey, felt like I was coming down with the flu and a tummy bug at the same time. I ate fresh fruit and veg to keep my insides working right and it made me feel better.

ok, ashamed now, I fell of the wagon so to speak, so called the nhs smoking line and was told dont worry about it, they were really nice as well. Got the docs on Monday for patches or whatever he recommends.

Dont be ashamed, its not the end of the world.

As my old dad says giving up is like learning to ride a bike, sometimes you fall off - but one of these days it will come together for you.

Get your NRT from the docs and well done for keeping on trying.

• 3 weeks later...

ok got NRT from docs - the 24hr patches and although Ive had a few ciggies but less than a whole packet in the last 2 weeks, this past 4 days if I have passed anyone smoking, I feel sick as a parrot!!

So its now been 5 days without any at all and hoping it stays like this

• 2 weeks later...

I love the fact you keep at stopping. I gave up a 40 a day habit and have not smoked for almost 5 months now. I fell off the wagon once and it made me sick as a dog. Stick at it - you will win!!

Lloyds TSB (C.Acc) **WON - Fully Settled**

NatWest - £1367.96 - N1 Filed - AQ Compl

Lloyds TSB - Select Loan PPI - £4629.52 - N1 Filed - Settlement rejected

Lloyds TSB Credit Card - £373.48 - N1 Filed

MBNA Credit Card - £791.52 - N1 Filed

Capital One - £746.67 - N1 Filed -** Settlement awaited **

Halifax Credit Card - £836.12 - N1 Filed

Paragon Personal Finance - S.A.R 15/12/2006

Littlewoods - £834.43 - N1 Filed

Barclaycard - £1145.00 - N1 Filed

My Wife:

Natwest Current Account - £1197.98 - N1 Filed at Court

Capital One - £1150.94 - N1 Filed - **Settlement offer rejected **

Littlewoods - £1405.48 - N1 Filed

8-) PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS! 8-)

Ok its been a long haul, with a few stressful times, but I havent had any since my last post and now on to the weaker patches to see how I get on.

Ive bought myself a couple of books to celebrate and if the weather keeps on as it has been, this weekend is a weekend of on the sofa with plenty coffee and some chocolate and my new books!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...