mazbck

Ive stopped!!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3082 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Ok, its only been 24 hours so far and I will admit I have struggled at times so far, and my caffiene intake is higher than usual, so please no lectures about drinking de-caff!!:!: But all in all I think I seem to be managing.

We were wise when we moved into the house and that we said we would either smoke out side or in the office, so today I made sure the PC didnt go on until later on in the day, and its been too damned cold and windy to even think about going outside.

Ive plenty chewing gum, and due to just getting over a broken wrist Im taking up knitting again, to that will help keep my hands occuppied and muscles moving!

I made up my mind last night and thought I would call the docs in the morning to see if I could get help, but to be told There isnt an available appointment with the smoking cessation group for 6 weeks!!!

So its cold turkey for OH and me, but we have decided with the money we will save, its either a new car next year for us or another decent holiday!

So after 25 years of smoking, not even stopping when ill, Ive just gone 24 hours without one ciggy!!

Well done to you. Feel proud of yourself for every hour you go without a cig. In a few days time you will wonder what all the fuss of smoking is about. You have already saved some money and I bet you smell real nice with out the aroma of smoke.

Really struggling and I know the OH had a really bad morning at work and he has succumbed and had a ciggy there from a work mate, but Im still determined to do this.

To anyone that has stopped, did you feel nausea with sore tummy for the first few days or am I just coming down with a bug:sad:

Keep going your doing really really well, the first four/five days are really really hard.

I did what your are doing and went cold turkey, felt like I was coming down with the flu and a tummy bug at the same time. I ate fresh fruit and veg to keep my insides working right and it made me feel better.

ok, ashamed now, I fell of the wagon so to speak, so called the nhs smoking line and was told dont worry about it, they were really nice as well. Got the docs on Monday for patches or whatever he recommends.

Dont be ashamed, its not the end of the world.

As my old dad says giving up is like learning to ride a bike, sometimes you fall off - but one of these days it will come together for you.

Get your NRT from the docs and well done for keeping on trying.

ok got NRT from docs - the 24hr patches and although Ive had a few ciggies but less than a whole packet in the last 2 weeks, this past 4 days if I have passed anyone smoking, I feel sick as a parrot!!

So its now been 5 days without any at all and hoping it stays like this

I love the fact you keep at stopping. I gave up a 40 a day habit and have not smoked for almost 5 months now. I fell off the wagon once and it made me sick as a dog. Stick at it - you will win!!

Lloyds TSB (C.Acc) **WON - Fully Settled**

NatWest - £1367.96 - N1 Filed - AQ Compl

Lloyds TSB - Select Loan PPI - £4629.52 - N1 Filed - Settlement rejected

Lloyds TSB Credit Card - £373.48 - N1 Filed

MBNA Credit Card - £791.52 - N1 Filed

Capital One - £746.67 - N1 Filed -** Settlement awaited **

Halifax Credit Card - £836.12 - N1 Filed

Paragon Personal Finance - S.A.R 15/12/2006

Littlewoods - £834.43 - N1 Filed

Barclaycard - £1145.00 - N1 Filed

My Wife:

Natwest Current Account - £1197.98 - N1 Filed at Court

Capital One - £1150.94 - N1 Filed - **Settlement offer rejected **

Littlewoods - £1405.48 - N1 Filed

8-) PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS! 8-)

Ok its been a long haul, with a few stressful times, but I havent had any since my last post and now on to the weaker patches to see how I get on.

Ive bought myself a couple of books to celebrate and if the weather keeps on as it has been, this weekend is a weekend of on the sofa with plenty coffee and some chocolate and my new books!!!

I am smoking since 8-9 years and I want to quit smoking now but it seems to be hard to quit smoking. I think the better way to quit smoking is the will power and with the help of God you can do this job.

butthe hardets time is yet to come

butthe hardets time is yet to come

sorry to be negative should be saying good luck an ur well on ur way

well done keep it up