Statute or not???????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4915 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I have just received a letter fom godebt.co.uk telling me they are applying for my bankruptcy for finance i had on a car in 2002. Basically I had paid installments but due to financial problems I made my last payment in Feb 2003, with a returned direct debit in Mar 2003. They then repossessed the car but the date for this is showing as 2005. I made no financial payments at all from Feb 2003 and actually moved abroad shortly after the car was repossessed. I returned to the UK in july this year and then received this letter. I emailed godebt and asked what the debt was for, and they told me it was this and i was to make an immediate payment of £2000 or they would apply for my bankruptcy in 21 days and increase this debt to £6000!!! They then finished the email with "Installments will not be accepted". I have not accepted this debt so is it statute barred, hence the reason they are pushing for such a quick resolve or am I still liable due to the fact that the proceeds from the car auction was not put onto the account untill 2005!. I requested he sent me all the info he held on me to be sure that this was legit and his paperwork even confirms MY last payment to the finance company.

Thanks for any advice

if your last payment was 2003 its well SB'ed

pers i'd ignore them

they are just chancing their arm

however, you could fire off the statute barred letter from the library [top left tabs]

dx

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just wanted to say I spent all day reading legal paragraphs and jargon etc etc. Contacted godebt quoting half of this and surprise surprise they have come back to me today saying "After a commercial decision we have now decided to close your file and no further action will be taken"!!

So a big thank you to all who gave me advice! :-)