help with potential wonga problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4904 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi people have read through a fair few threads but cant find a answer so am hoping someone can help, i have a out standing wonga loan i will be needing to pay back £599 on the 13th of this month a saturday. i am not in arrears or anything and have not defaulted on this loan as i have till the 13th to pay in full.

i will be able to pay around £25o of this friday but i just know i will not be able to pay the out standing £350 up by the 13th. so what are my options as this only started out as a £200 loan and then i had to borrow of these again as was short due to paying the previous loan of them and it has carried on for a couple of months and now i owe £599

if i do default on last payment will they be able to go into my bank even if i cancel my debit card or do i need to close my account to or is just cancelling debit card enough to stop them going in day after day like you hear on the stories on here?

hope you can help people thankyou!

From my understanding even after a debit card is cancelled they can force through payment. From my research however this only applies to Visa debit as they allow continuous payment authority. Maestro cards do not so cancelling should be enough. However I would not rely on this if you hold a Maestro card and would set up a new account.

Wonga are one of the worst companies for 'appropriating' your money from your account so please make sure you have an alternative bank account and get your income paid into that. They will take every single penny otherwise.... and I have proof of this.

Even if you 'loose' your card because you sent a copy of the card to them they will have your bank details, including sort code and account number and they use this to take funds, in lots of small amounts.

Halifax, Co-op, Nat West and Metro Bank all do good basic bank accounts with online facilities and a debit card.

Do NOT let this new account be used by people you do not trust, if possible set up TWO alternative accounts, one for your money to go into and the second to be used for bills, direct debits etc.

I operate a system like this and have managed to get my finances in much better shape as nobody can 'raid' my funds in one go.

i was lucky and done a stupid amount of overtime last week and have plenty more this week i skint myself when got paid last friday and have got it down to £175 i owe so i will be comftably able to clear this debt up next friday without breaking the loan terms and i will be closing and deleting wonga.com out of my life for good, i hope others get there problems sorted and hope people who even get the silly idea of taking up loand with these people look on this site and dot even bother, thankyou very much for your replies and i will sure come back to site if i have any info to give on any subject or should i have a problem in future, thaks again

i used them over a year ago, defaulted, and didnt call, and got the account raided. i currently have a loan which is due on the 18th, but when i used my final extension i forgot to change the date. this time i called, and they dealt with it brilliantly. they even gave me a £10 gwg refund.

Talking is the solution, and in most cases common sense prevails.