F&F Offer Letter : Lowell

imotet
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4922 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an outstanding balance with Lowells dating back to 2008 (they purchased the debt from the OC in April this year). I now want, and am able, to pay off the balance in full. I am aware that they have only paid a few pennies in the pound for it, and would much prefer to be restituting the OC from a 'moral' perspective, but based on the fairly trivial amount claimed I would prefer the (supposed!) 'peace of mind' from clearing the balance. I am aware that there might well be no substantive benefit to paying the full balance (i.e credit record still trashed), as opposed to offering a lower F&F.

Thanks to the wealth of knowledge contributed here, and the template letters, I drafted my own F&F letter. I would be most grateful if anyone could advise me as to whether there are any errors or omissions? Also, is it realistic to expect them to remove any default data, or is it more likely that the status will just be changed to 'satisfied?'

Thanks for any help in advance! :-D

CONDITIONAL OFFER FOR FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT OF DEBT

I write with regard to the claimed outstanding balance of £X on the aforementioned account.

I offer to pay the FULL AND FINAL purported amount of £X, on the strict condition that you, expressly demonstrating your capacity as legal owner of this claimed balance, REMOVE (and not merely mark as ‘satisfied’ or ‘settled’) any associated CAIS shared default entry in its entirety (whether lodged by you, or the original creditor).

This offer is made on the clear understanding that, if accepted, neither you nor any associated company will take any other action to enforce or pursue this claimed debt in any way whatsoever, and that I will be released from any claimed liability.

Payment can be made within two weeks of receiving your unreserved written agreement to this conditional offer.

I look forward to your response.

Yours faithfully,