Liane

NatWest's unarranged borrowing from my current account

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3564 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Yesterday, some money - cash - was paid into my account via a cashier in a branch. I checked my online banking later and sure enough the money appeared in my account as you would expect.

However, this morning I checked my bank account and saw that the cash I had paid in the day before had mysteriously vanished!

I went into the branch and they told me not to worry - apparently the NatWest branch have just "borrowed the money to balance their branch books" and that the money will reappear in my account by the end of the day.

Sure enough the money has reappeared today and is marked as "Transfer" with yesterday's date.

Obviously I'm not very happy about this at all and before I write to my bank I just wondered if anybody has experienced this before. As far as I can see, there's no small print on my bank's T&Cs which say that NatWest can take my cash as and when they want!

Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks.