• Tweets

• Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
    • The streaming giant also said it added 9.3 million subscribers in the first three months of the year.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

EON back tracking

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4915 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am dealing with Eon on behalf of a friend who has had problems sorting out his account with them, this is an ongoing problem, that I thought was sorted back in July this year.

I will try and be brief;

My friend took on a unit about 4 years ago, was told by BG that they were his supplier so paid bills to them albeit he thought were far to high for his usage.

Last year Eon required a warrant to break into my friends unit to have the supply cut off, fortunately they were unable to do this as the meter was located in the unit next to his. However they left paperwork stating for my friend to contact them and for the reasons why they broke in. It was address to the previous occupiers although left in an unopened envelope.

Damage to the locks was minimal but no recompense have ever been offered.

After a lot of to-ing and fro-ing it came to light that Eon were in fact the providers of the unit albeit my friend never received a bill from them only from BG. Eon had never read the meter in all the time that my friend was there as the unit that the meter was located in was not in use. Only in the last few months had some one taken it over.

Any way it was agreed that because the meter could not be read as far back as 2006 for the units used Eon agreed to charge for the standing charge for the 3 years @25p a day plus a little extra for usage which came to a total of £350.27p. This happened to be the amount that my friend had been billed for by BG, I know you are wondering why it was such a small amount, yes? well its a small unit and the only electricity used is basically a light and a radio if that, it also is not used on a daily basis and my friend goes weeks without using any electric in there.

Any way today they decide that they want the back pay of the units used based on actual reading that they have now started to take.

He used 24 units in the past 4 months, they tried to tell me today that he used over 2000 and tried to charge almost £400. But I got onto them on his behalf and they tried to blag me off stating that this was for units ha had used in the last 4 years. This was not the arrangement that was put in place in July. What I want to know and if any one can help me is that, can they do this? Can they go back on the arrangement that they made back in July.. They tell me they have no record of this at all but they sent a payment card for him to pay off the 300 odd pounds, they now say they have no record of this at all.. I have records of the phone bills to show how long I was on the phone to them sorting this out, I even had one of their representatives come to my home to try and sort it, I cannot understand how they have no record of this. What can I do. I have already placed a complaint about this and they are returning my call in the morning but I feel I need some ammo.

thank you in advance.

Apart from your telephone bill do you have any other records? e.g. date, time and name for each conversation you had and the gist of each conversation?

Did they issue a new invoice that shows the £350.27 and the period that it covered.

Have you had a refund from BGB for the monies paid to them?

And what Estimated readings over what period do the BGB bills show?

Do you have the agreed E-on "arrangement" in writing?

Who do MPAS (Google MPAS and choose your region from the top result website) have listed as the current supplier E-on or BGB

How many Actual reads do you have and over what period? Use these to create a backdated estimate you'll then know if the 2000 is a fair back projection or not.

First off thank you for your reply.

well surprise surprise I stayed in all day yesterday and no phone call back as promised by them to sort this out AGAIN !!!

Sorry for my delayed response Mr Overhead, but I needed to find all letters and some were with my friend so had to wait for him to bring them round.

What I do have is far better than what I dont if you understand what I mean.

I do have names who dealt with this on the back of one of the bills, but unfortunately I havnt been able to locate this, yet.

However I do have;

Payment arrangement schedule, dated 13th April 2010

Details of readings and charges from 25th February 2006 to September 2009.

Its rather complicated but bare with me.

The opening reading was 2258 Eon state that this was an actual reading by my friend, but this is impossible. Later they did admit that this was an estimated reading by them. The first time this meter was ever read was in July this year, before that was when the meter was replaced which was in February 2005 when my friend was not there.

On their Amended Readings and charges

25th Feb to 31 March 2006

previous 2258 estimated 25th Feb 0.00

current 2258 " " 31st March 0.00

Standing charge 34 days @ 11.35p = £3.86

31st March 2006 - 10th September 2006

previous 2258 estimated 31st March 0.00

current 2258 " " 28th April 2006 0.00

Standing charge @ 11.35p a day = £3.18.

Basically this reads the same all the way to September 2009 but the standing charges differ.

April to August '06 is 13.64p per day

August '06 to 21st March 2008 - 25.97p a day

March '08 to Sept '08 25.97p a day

Sept '08 to Sept '09 25.91p a day

Total exclusive of VAT and discounts £309.03.

September '09 to Dec '09 no record of that at all being with in the bundle they sent

31st Dec '09 to 10th May 2010 same estimated reading of 2258

10th May '10 to 2nd July '10 " " "

Total amount owing £355.75. £150 paid leaving a total of £250.27. ???? Thats what they have calculated.

1st bill sent albeit estimated with yet again the reading of 2258

I demanded that the meter be read so that we had an actual reading to start with so bills would be accurate from now on, Eon agreed to this.

Meter was read on the 22nd July 4305.

No bill was amended but was told to carry on with payments of £50 per month .. 2 payments were made totaling £100, last one was made in August, but they then canceled these payments because my friend was 2 days paying late due to a personal circumstance (bereavement)

I emailed Eon explaining the situation and never heard back from them, My friend tried to pay the outstanding amount but it was declined.

New Bill has now been sent

reading previous 2258

current 4329

Units used 2071

charges £315.77

owing £250.27

Outstanding £477.89

They have totally disregarded the actual meter reading that they read on the 22nd of July '10 and now want my friend to pay backdated payments based on the reading of 2258

The units he did use from July to October was 24 units, they want to estimate this usage for the past 4 years and now re bill him for this period..

Hope this helps.