Jump to content

Advice needed debt being chased by two companies.


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3980 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts



After a lengthy illness I'm trying to sort out my mess of debt. I received a letter from a firm of solicitors saying they were acting for Hillesden Securities and I owed £2000. I had never had an account with them so asked for further details including a copy of the credit agreement so I could figure out what was happening. They replied stating that it was in relation to a bank account I had back in 1998. It appears I had been overdrawn and charges have increased the debt to the £2000 figure. I had completely forgot about this acccount and find it incredible no one has been in touch in 12 years. They have no credit agreement, what they have sent me is a copy of an "upgrade form" upgrading my savings account to a current account. They say as the debt has now been purchased by Hillesden Securities and the charges cant be reviewed so the full amount is due.


Then last week and today I received a letter from DLC saying it is them that are acting for Hillsden in the recovery procedure and I should pay them not the other solicitor or company. Yet the solicitor is saying that I should be paying them and not DLC who aren't their client.


Any idea how I resolve this? I'm terrified of offering to pay one company and then in a few months finding the other company still chasing.


Also given this upgrade form, is this enforceable or should I be asking for something else. I had a look at the section on credit agreements but wasn't sure how it stood with overdrafts.


Many thanks in advance for any help that can be given.

Link to post
Share on other sites

do you know when the last payment you made towards this account?


If more than 5 years then it is staute barred.


you can send them:




remeber to send recorded


ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.


Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...