Wescot

laalinz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4888 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Started recieving phonecalls from Wescot yestarday.

Not to sure who may have set these hound dogs onto me as, as of yet I am still answer a phone call. Only had four phonecalls in total up to now.

I am currently in the process of claiming unfair chargers back from Natwest Credit card, Barclaycard and very and have sent a SAR to Next and Halifax Credit card. So it has to be one of these lovely people.

Will keep you inform. Done a bit of Westcot reading on here and sounds like they are just charming .......................oh I wonder if moorcroft have passed my Argos onto them as I back then into a corner. Time will tell.................:madgrin:

Its a Natwest Credit Card which is firmly in dispute pending a SAR and other complaints so I have today sent Natwest an email telling them that this account is in dispute.

Dear Mr Fleck,

I am very disappointed to discover that this account has been passed onto Westcot Debt Company even though this account is firmly in dispute regarding my current unresloved complaint.

I request that Westcot be advised of the matter and that the Credit Card account be passed back onto Natwest.

Not only is this a breach of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 in line with the Office Of Fair Trading's debt collection guidelines, but also in breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Data Protection Act 1998

My previous dispute has NOT been answered.

Consequentially any legal action they pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to the you for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as Wescot cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

If Wescot chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

After taking advice, I am of the opinion that any continued pursuit is in violation of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 in line with the Office Of Fair Tradings Collection Guidelines

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Received a very rude telephone call last night at 8.50pm from Westcot.

I picked the bloody thing up as she caught me off guard. I wouldn't let her speak to me hubby at first and she was saying things such as "does he not live there"? "Can he not talk"? "will you just let him talk to people is that it"?

Oh RUDE.

Hubby talked to her and refused to go through her security questions when she asked him why he said "because I have no idea who you are"!

My mother has just received a nasty letter after a series of phone calls. They are not threatening her with doorstep action blah blah blah. I have today sent them an equally shiity letter using tidbits from this site so we will see if they roll over and dissapear!

Agreed with comments on here though as my mum says whoever the person is calling her is an obnoxious so and so!

Horrible bunch of people. I have had dealings with Moorcrroft but Westcot beat them hands down in the insults.

Account they are chasing me for is in dispute as the penalty charges added to account wipe out balance plus £223 extra. Complete muppets the lot of them.

• 4 weeks later...

Today recieved this..........From Nelson Guest & Partners Solicitors dated 25/11/2010 recieved two days ago!

Dear Sir/Madam,

IMPORTANT: An offer to reduce the amount payable on your debt

We are instructed by Wescot Credit Services Ltd ("Wescot") acting on bhalf og The Royal Bank of Scotland plc regarding the above outstanding balance. As a finial attempt to avoid further action, Wescot is prepared to offer you a discount to settle you account.

This offer is only available for a limited period. You should contact Westcot by the 05/12/2010 to agree a suitable settlement, or the offer will b ewithdrawn and further action will continue to recover the FULL OUTSTANDING BALANCE

To take advantage of this offer, telephone Wescott on 0844 824 1152

If you are unable to take advantage of this offer, Wescot will still consider a realistic repayment plan and you should contact them urgenty to discuss your options. Unless a suitable agreement is reached with Wescot within 10 days of the date of this letter, further recovery action will be taken.

You can pay by debit card by simply calling the telephone number above. If you wish to pay by Direct Debit, Wescot can set this up over the telephone. Yoy can pay online at http://www.paywescot.co.uk. Alternatively, you can send a cheque or postal order payable to Wescot Credit Services Ltd, quoting your Wescot Reference number on the back

Yours.............

Not signed

S A Nelson.

This Natwest Credit Crad is currently in dispute as I am currently trying to recover the charges on this account which wipe out the blance with some left over.

What should my next move be please? This letter seems a little more scary