cristaR

help!!!! O2 terminated my account- and requires £400 of me

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3564 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

:smile:hello there i am new to this site- i couldnt help but notice how helpful it is ! :-x O2 wants me to pay the rest of the contract , which is 400£, and i wont be even using my phone , this is due to a second time direct debit falling to come out , because i wasnt in the country, was back home for 2 months!! never mind , the lateness was also due to not receiving my new card from my bank, because it was not sent to my new address, as it expired!! i had to chase it up and then wait another week until i could call them to pay the mobile bill, unfrotunatelly, they said they could not reconnect me, as i was once disconnected before! i got really mad , i said to them but look i wanna pay , i was soory for the lateness and all, just wanted to settle my outstanding balance! they been with them for 4 years!!!! never happened before- late payments !!!

guys am soory to be drooling on about it , but am i being treated fairly?

as i dont know what to do ? the guys calling me every day, refuse to talk to them!! want the moonney! would anyone know waht can i do in this instance ? i want to pay them, trouble is its very hard for me financially now , cannot and will not pay the whole lump that they just seem to require now! pllleeeasse could anyone advice on what to do ?! thank you in advance ! loveX

How long is the contract & how many payments have you made?

Is it in their terms & conditions that they can terminate?

I would contact them in writing & tell them that the problems with payments occurred for reasons beyond your control while you were out of the country, you do not accept their terminating the contract on those terms or demanding payments for a service that they are preventing you from using. If they insist on terminating the contract, you would not be prepared to pay more than their actual loss, which would be the unpaid portion of the discounted wholesale cost of the phone

Record the calls between them and you, a mobile with record sound in music section held to hand set ear bit will do, because they need recording I found in past. just to be safe, you can show how hard you have tried to rectify it for future reference.

:-)hey there! thanks for replying! it should expire in july 2011, so thats another 9 months! i havent read those yet as i dunno where the copy of the contract is ?!grrrr but i keep ignoring them and dunno if its right, keep calling, me dont pick up! they've just sent a letter saying that " legal notification " documents can now be prepared for the issue of a claim against you in your ocal court! letter datet 4th nov. :evil:you suggest i should write to them , but i dont think anything will change! thats just my luck, on top of all the other debt i got! seriously going mad! any ideas?

hi cristalr,

have been with o2 a long time, and had problems with but they have always sorted, and refunded me, except once on the phone to someone, and got nowhere, and after talking to samsung they advised to write to them direct, and i did and sent the letter recorded delivery, i received a letter back with a full apology and they corrected, and a refund.

i would definitely write to them, forget phoning, get in writing their reply, and send recorded delivery, you also have the right to ask for a copy of your credit agreement under the consumer credit act 1974, send a cheque for £1.00 for this, good luck. totiesquoties.

:p[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

totiesquoties

MY ADVICE IS BASED ON COMMON SENSE AND KNOWLEDGE FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I AM NOT LEGALLY TRAINED, AND ALWAYS CHECK LEGAL ISSUES EITHER WITH A LEGAL PERSON, OR

THE APPROPRIATE LEGISLATION. :rolleyes:

IF I HAVE HELPED, PLEASE PRESS MY STAR, THANK YOU.:lol:

you also have the right to ask for a copy of your credit agreement under the consumer credit act 1974, send a cheque for £1.00 for this, good luck. totiesquoties.

This is a phone contract, not a credit agreement, so the CCA request would be pointless.

If you need a copy of your contract & T&Cs, you will probably find them online, or write & ask for a copy

:-)hey there! thanks for replying! it should expire in july 2011, so thats another 9 months! i havent read those yet as i dunno where the copy of the contract is ?!grrrr but i keep ignoring them and dunno if its right, keep calling, me dont pick up! they've just sent a letter saying that " legal notification " documents can now be prepared for the issue of a claim against you in your ocal court! letter datet 4th nov. :evil:you suggest i should write to them , but i dont think anything will change! thats just my luck, on top of all the other debt i got! seriously going mad! any ideas?

This might just be to scare you. Documents can now be prepared ... presumably they could have been prepared any time. there is also a difference between preparing them & filing them.

In any event, I would write (maybe email as well) asking what their actual losses are, since this is all they could claim. That would also apply to any arrears where you had already been cut off.

You could make an estimate of what your losses could be due to them disconnecting you (cost of a contract with a competitor) and inform them that you will be defending any action & claiming compensation for their actions. You would, of course, need some advice from someone who really knows what they are talking about.