• Tweets

• Yes she went back to them and asked them to remove the cancellation however the girl on the phone went to ask someone and came back and said she couldn’t.   Thing is they then tried to charge her £1000 to reinsure, I contacted a broker and got it down to £760, she went back to them and they miraculously could do it for £690!!  It feels like they are using this to fleece her, her previous ins was £300.   I will get her to write a complaint to them...do you know if there’s an insurance ombudsman she could contact?    I just feel it would have been fair fair to suspend the ins pending the court outcome!    Thankyou.
    • Hi,    Yes my daughter drove through a red light.   Yes her DVLA was still registered to her previous address at Uni hence them not being able to contact her hence the MS90.   This is her 1st car and she simply didn’t think to re register her car to our address she genuinely forgot!  However we left our forwarding address with the letting agent but the house was subsequently sold and the new owner used a different letting agency so communication was lost.   The courts enlisted the bailiffs and when the current tenant found her via Facebook she was genuinely mortified as she had no idea that she had broken this light.   She immediately rang the bailiffs and court who advised her to make The Statuary Declaration, whilst waiting for that date to arrive she thought she better ring the insurance company to explain what was happening thinking they may have to suspend her policy however they cancelled it on the spot she asked them not to but they just went ahead charging her £50 to do so.   At court after she explained what had happened the court dropped the MS90, and reduced the points and fine to what it would have been originally.   Going back to the insurance company they said they couldn’t remove the cancelled policy and it would show on her record for life and tried to charge her £1000 to reinsure!!  Previously it had been £300 as she had built up 2 years no claims.   I contacted a broker who said he could insure her for £760, she went back to her original insurance company, Admiral who then said they could now do it for £690!!  How can they suddenly do that sounds unscrupulous to me and that they are using this cancellation to now fleece her!!   She is a medical student and needs the car to get to the different places she is working on placement but can’t afford to pay this extortionate amount of money.  I would expect her policy to go up a bit but would say max £500 is proportionate?    I will I’ll get her to contact them Regards making a complaint in writing as you have suggested.   Thank you.    
    • I’m not sure who you mean by the OD and do you want me to see if the PDL is enforceable or not pay it at all?   And what should I do about the NatWest? Surly there’s a case getting it wiped if the charges came from them charging me for a PBA that I had told them to close and they said they had. Also am I paying the credit cards back in full or trying to get a reduced settlement?   Thanks Andrew 
    • Initial payments have already come in - we wouldn't have started otherwise. There's about £3,500 outstanding. The £800 was verbally agreed initially, but later correspondence from the customer shows that he's accepted the £800 for the extra work.
    • Each should send a cpr 31:14? Cant produce signed documents = no liability??
  • Our picks

pinkrat

CSL sending all manner of threats on old Joint Bank Account debt

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2014 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just reading this as I have numerous letters from CSL but have binned all envelopes, why is the suggestion to keep these as well? Thanks

The envelopes will usually have no post mark but a bar code on them which shows when they were actually posted. They will also tell if the letters are sent 1st or 2nd class - and if someone like UK mail or TNT is used instead of Royal Mail - which menas a delay equivalent to 2nd class or longer - all useful if they claim anything is sent 1st class for "serving" purposes.

BD

£50k saved and £7k charges refunded:

MBNA & A&L 35% F&F direct - saved £23k. Birmingham Midshires £1700 charges refunded

Abbey Loan/BCW 50% - saved £2k. Barclaycard/CSL 40% - saved £6k

Monument/DCA 35% - saved £1k. LTSB/Wescot 50% - saved £4k

HBOS Visa £5k charges refund via Blair Oliver Scott

RBS Direct Line/(genuine) solicitors June 2010 40% - saved £3k

Morgan Stanley/Aktiv Kapital £11k SB Nov 2010

Over £40k balance write off and charges refunds to fight for:

HBOS O/d Charges £5k. Egg Loan/Aktiv Kapital CCA Dispute £8k

Egg Card/Fredrickson taking £5 monthly but CCA & Charges Dispute £4k

Goldfish/1st Credit DN/TN Dispute £9k. Capital One/CSL charges claim £4k

Barclaycard/CSL taking £5 monthly on £10k debt

I hope I have helped - if I have please hit my star - and recognise the others who have helped too.

Bigdebtor

Hi everyone,

I know this is an old thread but i have an update that i need help with.

Over the years this debt has been passed to many debt collectors and solicitors.

We have never acknowledged any of the letters or that they have found the right man at my address.

Today a letter has arrived from bryan carter solicitors,

its not the first correspondence from them but this says that they have been asked by Frederick International ltd

on behalf of Lowell financial ltd to issue court proceedings on 17th march.

If proceedings are issued, ccj costs etc.

If we dispute debt please provide reasons and documents in writing.

Is this a serious threat that can no longer be ignored?

Also my partner has been with me nearly 4 years now and had not contacted anyone before that regarding this debt

so we believe it is either SB or very close.

This was a joint account bank charges debt i believe with his wife that originally turned up through my door in both their names.

How do we find out how old the debt is without contacting the collectors?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Carter is known to issue claims as a threat and to withdraw when a defence is filed.

Dates and events please:

What is the debt/ original creditor/amount.

Is this on your credit files? If you haven't checked it would be a good idea to do so.

When was the last payment or written acknowledgment made?

Was this a current account, with or without an overdraft/ loan?

The problem could be that your partners ex has made some payment or acknowledgment to the debt in the last 6 years restating the limitation period.

From the information given so far:

Check Credit Reference Files Experian & Equifax have 30 day free trials, Noddle is a free offshoot of Call Credit but is not always up to date.

As this has been through so many hands I would suggest there is some thing wrong and this is why court action has not been taken.

So cover the points given above and send the following to Carter.

Brian Carter LLP

Date

Ref: use theirs

Sir/ Madam

I refer to your letter dated Xx/XX/XXXX in which it is I owe a debt for £xxxx.xx originating from an account with xxxxxx please take note I do not acknowledge any such debt to your client, also I have not received any notification that your client has any authority to pursue payment of the alleged debt.

Therefore I put Brian Carter LLP and its Client to provide unequivocal proof that I have any liability for the alleged debt.

Please be aware that any County Court Claim will be robustly defended.

Send by recorded/ signed for post check delivery.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks Brigadier, my partner has never acknowledged debt or made a payment.

He's never checked his credit file so will do that now.

The debt is for £1500 ish from a joint current account with lloyds.

He never had anything to do with the finances, she dealt with it all so he knows little of the account.

OK the fact that he knew/knows nothing regarding the conduct of this account it is important to get as much information as possible.

I would suggest a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act 1998 (SAR). This will provide all the personal data the bank has on your partner and the account.

There is a £10 statutory fee to pay, there is a template for this in the CAG library the bank has 40 days to comply.

Get the letter off to Carter asap.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

ok ive done the credit file check and am a bit confused as to what it means. Can you help me with it?

ok ive done the credit file check and am a bit confused as to what it means. Can you help me with it?

Yes of course please post the details here.

Thankyou :)

On Credit agreement the debt is showed as been settled from lloyds july 2013,

i assume that is the debt company buying the debt?

There is a start date in 1996,

default date 2009,

so not SB

then an update of july 2013 on the lloyds debt.

Debtors have been chasing this debt at my address since 2011.

lowell portfolio ltd show the debt defaulted updated oct 2013.

On financial associates it lists his wife there along with lowell porfolio ltd updated oct 2013

What do all these updates mean?

Des it sound like wife has made contact?

It also shows a ccj that he didn't know about registered oct 2008

well the CCJ will fall of on its 6th birthday so forget about that.

UNLESS it relates to theis debt

quite often later DCA's chase the same debt

without even knowing a prev one exists.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Yes the settled date is the date of the sale.

Default date in 2009 may not mean the debt is not SB.

He needs to check trust on line to see the data on the CCJ.

Thanks dx, the ccj is a different deb

where do they get these update dates from, does that mean a contact has been made?

Do you still think its best to contact the debt company now?

Now we have seen the debt is a default on credit report ignoring will not make it come off. How do i now find out if it is SB?

Hi DX and others,

I'm still struggling as to what to do for the best with this one.

This is my partners debt and i really don't want it to go to court and get a ccj.

Do the update dates on a credit report mean there has been contact on a debt

and reset the the debt from being SB?

Should we contact the debt company and make an offer to pay instalments?

We only have until 17th of this month before the threat of a court date.

This is a joint debt with his wife and it shows her with the debt on his financial associates.

no they don't change the SB date

no let them run

forget the silly threats dates

you need to send that SAR

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Who do i send the sar too, the original company or the debt company? Sorry if i am being dumb :???:

LLOyds - sar always goes to the ORIGINAL CREDITOR..

spreadsheets 

ok i've sent the sar, what do i do with the information when we get it back?