pinkrat

CSL sending all manner of threats on old Joint Bank Account debt

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2013 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Thanks for that BD, will pursue TSB. Worth dropping a line to CSL?

Don\'t let the B**tards grind you down

Yes definitely - once you've checked the OFT guideleines and identified any breaches. You want them all to go away and not mess woth you whilst you sit out the remainder of the 5 year SB period.

BD

£50k saved and £7k charges refunded:

MBNA & A&L 35% F&F direct - saved £23k. Birmingham Midshires £1700 charges refunded

Abbey Loan/BCW 50% - saved £2k. Barclaycard/CSL 40% - saved £6k

Monument/DCA 35% - saved £1k. LTSB/Wescot 50% - saved £4k

HBOS Visa £5k charges refund via Blair Oliver Scott

RBS Direct Line/(genuine) solicitors June 2010 40% - saved £3k

Morgan Stanley/Aktiv Kapital £11k SB Nov 2010

Over £40k balance write off and charges refunds to fight for:

HBOS O/d Charges £5k. Egg Loan/Aktiv Kapital CCA Dispute £8k

Egg Card/Fredrickson taking £5 monthly but CCA & Charges Dispute £4k

Goldfish/1st Credit DN/TN Dispute £9k. Capital One/CSL charges claim £4k

Barclaycard/CSL taking £5 monthly on £10k debt

I hope I have helped - if I have please hit my star - and recognise the others who have helped too.

Bigdebtor

hi all, got back from a break away to find another letter from CSL.

It says that they have delayed legal action because they understand people suffer financial problems.

They say the debt won't go away and that they just want my partner to pay for the goods he obtained.

(As the debt is not for goods obtained, i'm thinking they don't know what the debt is from)

They want a payment sent NOW, unfortunately the letter is 11 days old.

If we ignore they will assume they we don't intend to pay and that legal action will be the only course we leave them with.

What now?

I would continue to ignore it. They're going round in circles - back to where they were in December when they were going to court in 7 days!

Can you work out how long it is since the joint account was last used? If 6 years or more then any debt is SB. If near that then try to sit it out till then.

By referring to "goods" your partner is "understandably now certain the letters are not for him", as he bought no goods on credit from them!

BD

MBNA & A&L 35% F&F direct - saved £23k. Birmingham Midshires £1700 charges refunded

I hope I have helped - if I have please hit my star - and recognise the others who have helped too.

Bigdebtor

Thanks BD, he thinks the debt is around 5 years old so getting close.

CSL don't seem to know what he owes the debt for

so i'm thinking that they haven't actually bought the debt else they would know wouldn't they?

Will carry on ignoring and keep you informed :-)

Every letter has given 7 days but they never carry out what they say.

I think this about the 6 or 7th one.

CSL tend to be just a DCA - i.e. they don't buy the debt - and probably won't have any paperwork - so haven't a clue what the debt is all about.

Given you've only a year or so to wait (try to find out - but without alerting CSL or LTSB - so you know exactly how long you have ot wait) - then I would hold out as long as possible - but if it looks as if they WILL go to Court - then that's the time to ask for CCA etc. I think once they initiate court proceedings the SB clock stops - so important to avoid that happening by being "seen" to co-operate at the 11th hour - but only then - I doubt if you're even at the 9th hour yet!

If they haven't bought the debt (absolute assignment) then they CAN'T take you to court unless along with the OC. Any NOA needs to be sent recorded delivery to be effective - so be careful if you ever get asked to sign for an RD letter from them! Howver this is VERY unlikely to happen as they tend to screw these things up too.

BD

Bigdebtor

ignore totally

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

DX

Normally I'd agree 100% with you - but in this case I'm not so sure.

What if the OC and/or DCA go to court when the debt is only a few months or weeks away from SB? I think that would stop the SB coming into effect?

If so at that point surely it's worth starting the CCA and then the "prove it" routine - to hold them up long enough to get over the 6 year line?

I'm not sure that the lack of a CCA at the time the court case is scheduled and/or no proven NOA delivery would be enough to keep the SB clock ticking and get the case thrown out - so avoiding/delaying court action then is the safest option.

If you don't agree can you tell us what's wrong with my suggested approach?

BD

Bigdebtor

mainly on posts 14+15

its obv that they know its all charges/ppi or un-en

they are chancing their arm.

they know if it ever went to court there would be a counter claim.

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

DX

Your assumptions on 14 and 15 could be right - but I think my stalling tactics are safer in the final few months before SB kicks in anyway - any court case is always a risk - especially nowadays with so may creditor-friendly judges.

BD

Bigdebtor

hi all, got back from a break away to find another letter from CSL.

It says that they have delayed legal action because they understand people suffer financial problems.

They say the debt won't go away and that they just want my partner to pay for the goods he obtained.

(As the debt is not for goods obtained, i'm thinking they don't know what the debt is from)

They want a payment sent NOW, unfortunately the letter is 11 days old.

If we ignore they will assume they we don't intend to pay and that legal action will be the only course we

leave them with.

What now?

I got that one as well

I can't remember if it was before or after 'we will not tolerate any more delays'

but it was certainly before another threat of legal action in 7 days which was followed by nothing

as DX suggested based on CSLs usual behaviour you can probably safely ignore that

I haven't seen too many cases where anyone other than **** took people to court on behalf of LLoyds TSB

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

I still jave Iqor sending letters every couple of weeks or so but they don't seem to be escalating their threats as yet - bit dull really

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

Well i've not heard anything from CSL for a month now

but a letter has just arrived from Moorcroft,

had dealings from them a long while back about an Orange mobile account my daughter defaulted on,

i ended up paying it for her :(.

not sure sure if this is same debt from lloyds as the ref. no is different.

Don't know if it should be the same,

its asking my partner to confirm whether he is the Mr XXX they are looking for regarding a personal matter.

They want him to ring if he is and if he is not to contact them and let them know.

It is only in his name and not his estranged wifes name.

Hope its not another debt :(

I'm gonna ignore it, yes?

I would ignore it. He has no obligation to confirm to them who he is or otherwise. It might be CSL got bored and Moorcroft has picked it up now. If so, that's good news - it tends to suggest they CAN'T do anything stronger.

I got a rather cheeky letter totally out of the blue just the other today from CSL's DEBT ENFORCEMENT OFFICE (based in the same famous Old Court House) writing on behalf of "their client" stating " We DEMAND that the sum stated be sent direct to this office IMMEDIATELY...." As if I'm just going to write them a huge cheque because they DEMAND I do so!

Their threat if I don't? "Failure to comply could result in a DEBT COLLECTOR calling upon you for payment" OK - that's fine - I'll have the cheque ready for him and save the postage! :roll:

The key thing is that it looks as if they (so far) are not able or willing to go to Court. I am still waiting on the DCA who claims to have bought the debt providing the CCA, statements etc.

I also had a look at my Credit File recently and this loan is showing as "satisfied" and a £0 balance from early last year. I realise this will just reflect teh fact the DCA bought it - but there is no matchimg debt showing as owed to the DCA - but of course I have never authorised the DCA to report any debts, payments, defaults etc. to the CRA's. I also see a number of the F&F short settlements I did earlier are showing as "settled" with £0 balances - but others are just not there at all - not sure why not.

This seems to throw up some interesting points.

1. CSL are using their ENFORCEMENT division when the debt can't be enforced because the S77/78 provisions of the CCA 1974 haven't yet been met.

2. The DCA who bought it has farmed it out very promptly - but doesn't seem to have any stronger ammo to use - and still is not even threatening a "we may go to court" - possibly since he knows he can't satisfy S 77/78?

3. Not sure how I could use the fact the OC's debt is shown as "satisfied" to my advantage?

4. Please to see F&F's showing £0 balances and nothing about short settlements.

Looking forward to further developments!

BD

Bigdebtor

Thanks BD for replying and letting me know how its going for you. If i hadn't found this site and the people i would really be worrying.

Its a lovely sunny afternoon, enjoy :)

Incidentally

I just remembered the last time I kicked CSL into touch was via e-mail when they were chasing a Capital One "debt" where the balance of default charges plus interest was actually more than the balance being chased. Thye were a bit confused when I asked them how much they would charge me to chase up Capital One to repay what they OWED me!

Anyway if anyone wants to e-mail CSL (cheaper and faster than writing) the address is admin@creditsolutions.co.uk Put on a "read receipt" as you'll not be likely to get a response - but in my case it was enough to make them go away that time - about to use the same tactics again now.

BD

Bigdebtor

HI :),

Have now received a 2nd letter from Moorcroft and discovered that this is for a different debt from the Lloyds one.

It says it is in regards to a debt from Arrow Global,

its only a fairly small amount with threats of court fees and other charges to be added on if not paid.

My partner never received any letters from Arrow Global so they must of passed it to Moorceroft

to see if they have any luck.

The debt could possibly be one obtained for a friend of his where he used his name and they defaulted.

Other than pestering the friend to pay this debt, what is the alternative?

Shall i ignore this one like the Lloyds?

Have still not heard anything from CSL though, thanks for any help.

this is just normal phishing list behaviour

arrow global are a dca so are moorcrap..

they think they can fool you........

guess what....until they post something concrete other than threat-o-grams - ignore

dx

spreadsheets 

I would ignore it. He has no obligation to confirm to them who he is or otherwise. It might be CSL got bored and Moorcroft has picked it up now. If so, that's good news - it tends to suggest they CAN'T do anything stronger.

I got a rather cheeky letter totally out of the blue just the other today from CSL's DEBT ENFORCEMENT OFFICE (based in the same famous Old Court House) writing on behalf of "their client" stating " We DEMAND that the sum stated be sent direct to this office IMMEDIATELY...." As if I'm just going to write them a huge cheque because they DEMAND I do so!

Their threat if I don't? "Failure to comply could result in a DEBT COLLECTOR calling upon you for payment" OK - that's fine - I'll have the cheque ready for him and save the postage! :roll:

The key thing is that it looks as if they (so far) are not able or willing to go to Court. I am still waiting on the DCA who claims to have bought the debt providing the CCA, statements etc.

I also had a look at my Credit File recently and this loan is showing as "satisfied" and a £0 balance from early last year. I realise this will just reflect teh fact the DCA bought it - but there is no matchimg debt showing as owed to the DCA - but of course I have never authorised the DCA to report any debts, payments, defaults etc. to the CRA's. I also see a number of the F&F short settlements I did earlier are showing as "settled" with £0 balances - but others are just not there at all - not sure why not.

This seems to throw up some interesting points.

1. CSL are using their ENFORCEMENT division when the debt can't be enforced because the S77/78 provisions of the CCA 1974 haven't yet been met.

2. The DCA who bought it has farmed it out very promptly - but doesn't seem to have any stronger ammo to use - and still is not even threatening a "we may go to court" - possibly since he knows he can't satisfy S 77/78?

3. Not sure how I could use the fact the OC's debt is shown as "satisfied" to my advantage?

4. Please to see F&F's showing £0 balances and nothing about short settlements.

Looking forward to further developments!

BD

I just received exactly the same as above! in 18 months my Barclaycard problem has been through Mercers, Calders, Moorcroft, can't remember the next one!, Westcot and now CSL. Another 12 months at this rate and I'll have been through every DCA in the UK!

A letter has arrived today from a DCA called Wescot, looks like the Lloyds debt has been passed over to them. Apparently we must pay the full amount or contact them or they will take further action. :shock:

I did a 50% F&F with Wescott for a Lloyds TSB Visa card balance about two years ago. That was after not paying Loyds a bean fort about two years previously.

I believe Wescott are in some financial trouble themselves at present?

BD

PS - Can anyone confirm if Credit Solutions Ltd and Credit Services Ltd are the same - or if they are totally different DCA's ? I know Credit Services and Call Serve are the same lot - but not so sure about Credit Solutions now.

Bigdebtor

Hi BD

I believe they're separate and have dealt with the former.

A CCA licence search on OFT would be definitive.

x

v

I've just had a very interesting offer from Credit Security Ltd (on pink paper) offering me a 35% F&F on a debt of around £8k. I have ignored every previoius letter and this just came out of the blue - they also say their next step will be a "door step agent" so I'm really really scared! :wink:

:roll:

Before finding CAG I would have taken this offer up (as I never managed to get anything lower accepted) - but now I interpret this as evidence they DON'T have an enforceable CCA - so I'll just wait and see what happens next.

Has anyone else any experience of ignoring such a letter and what happens next?

BD

Bigdebtor

I've just had a very interesting offer from Credit Security Ltd (on pink paper) offering me a 35% F&F on a debt of around £8k. I have ignored every previoius letter and this just came out of the blue - they also say their next step will be a "door step agent" so I'm really really scared! :wink:

:roll:

Before finding CAG I would have taken this offer up (as I never managed to get anything lower accepted) - but now I interpret this as evidence they DON'T have an enforceable CCA - so I'll just wait and see what happens next.

Has anyone else any experience of ignoring such a letter and what happens next?

BD

Hi BD,

No such tantalising offers coming my way as yet! I did have a 25% reduction offer from one DCA regarding a Cap One account, quickly followed by a demand for the full balance by the next. It was probably a pathetic attempt to get me to contact them.