Jump to content

Buchanan Clarke and Wells -- who to complain to in SCOTLAND


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4093 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi all

I'm currently working in France but I have a collegaue who visits my property in ENGLAND ocasionally.


He's been getting phone calls sometimes 3 a day from these Scottish muppets when he's at the property.


I was home at the weekend (Nov 1 Holiday in Europe so a long weekend) and saw there were at least 30 calls on the answer phone system from these guys, plus a few "Court action" and various Door Step collection threatograms.


Debt was actually for a TRIVIALLY small amount of money (around 80 GBP) alledgedly owed to National Power which was paid AGES ago.


Now I can do all the usual stuff - report to OFT etc but as these guys are based in SCOTLAND is there / are there people in SCOTLAND that I can complain tody to be able to complain to.o about the harrassing tactics these guys use.


The Scottish legal system has different systems to ours in England so there must be a different body to complain to.


In any case shouldn't a SCOTTISH DCA only deal with debts incurred under SCOTTISH law the same as say a FRENCH DCA can only deal with debts in FRANCE;




Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you saying the alleged debt is based in Scotland, or BCW?

Every journey begins with a single step :):)


Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.


If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You


The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA


Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Jimbo


Have a butchers at this thread IdaInFife put me straight good and proper about the different laws in Scotland

Funny thing is this is regarding Blunder Clueless & Waffle as well.




Hope this helps.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...