choppers

Empire Stores, No CCA Account in Dispute, still contacting me...

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3567 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I have had on-going battles with Shop Direct over the last 2 years, and this account which i thought would be easiest to close is still causing hassle.

Basically, the account is entirely made up of Charges (total balance is lower than total charges account has received, not including interest)

They did not keep me aware of the debt for many months and claimed they did not have my phone number (all the while charging me for phone calls?)

I CCA'd them and they informed me they had no CCA.

They sold the account to Capquest, who briefly threatened but have since passed the account (on my say so) back to Shop Direct.

Now i have Sent the Account in Dispute letter, and received a strange response...

"we acknowledge your request to invoke (?) this account, and i can confirm this has been sent to the relevant department to deal with. However i should point out that whilst a court may decide that we cannot enforce the credit agreement, this does not mean that the debt does not exist.

There is clear evidence of an existing credit based relationship between you and our company Blah Blah...

Then goes on about being on my credit file for 6 years, and basically sounds like they accept they are screwed.

However, today i received a letter from Empire with a new default notice and a request to pay the full balance by the end of this month (nov)

so, is this just posturing?

Should i respond or just ignore it?

thanks for any help.

Hi no agreement means no agreement to apply charges or interest I applied to court with both Littlewoods and J.D. Williams in exactly the same circumstances i.e. no agreement both settled out of court because of the no agreement position.

dpick

cannot find it A to Z

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Halifax :D

Paid in full £2295

MBNA:mad: 20/03/2008 settled in full out of court

Capital One:D

07/07/2007 Capital one charges paid in full £1666

19/01/2008 recovered PPI £2216 + costs

Littlewoods :-D

12/08/2007 write off £1176.10 debt.

JD Williams charges refunded in full £640

cheers Dpick, probably just wait out and see what their next move, is...

As the whole account is charges, settling out of court is not really an option (for them at least)