Ebay postage and multiple purchases with same seller.

loopinlouie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4851 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I did the right thing. I saw that seller was adertising nearly ten items I wanted and I won them if thas whats its called:-) So I contacted and got reply yes I combine postage. Good I thought as one after another item I won, they were only old magazines, but each had a postage of £2.50.

Took quite a while to get the invoice and the postage was still showing as nearly twenty pounds. Got message saying pay this and I will refund you the difference.

But I am concerned as its happened before that seller charged way too much or so I thought and well I just left it. See these mags wont weigh together more than an average parcel so I cant understand why seller is not just invoicing around say 8-10 pounds for postage and then also refund the difference.

But no wants me to pay nearly twenty pounds in postage, concerning.

I have been collecting a certain mag and of course want the whole lot so after buying nearly 100 mags so far I have seen the diff in postage charged compared to what says on sticker on parcel. On the other hand two sellers have on a postage of only 3.00 on multiple buy refunded me the difference on one item without me even asking, very nice of them and one turned out to be local and hand delivered and yet refunded the postage in full, lovely woman. Some ebayers pack a parcel with what appears loving care as its done so well with little note and even in one case a lavender parcel enclosed, but again those who seen to profit tend to use reused packaging not fitting for paper item as in torn brown paper on one occassion that arrived in terrilble state, magazine was ruined.

Just that is it just me or are some routinely profiting from posting. I understand the costs involved as in time, package etc and thats fine, but on such a multiple purchase I feel some take the mick.

Edited by loopinlouie

Resolved, seller refunded me half the money and for weight of parcel probably, I think its fair. Going to have to knock it on the head with ebay, finding too easily tempted to buy mags when my emergency money would have been better speant on vet bills. Finding it too easy to click on buy, addictive almost, tut tut to me xx

Verified my account which apparantly gives you no spend level limit as in they are happy as long as have money I suppose. Thing is I think they should let you verify but also give option of a user set limit, like on the lottery which doesnt allow me to use online game cards, another one I got addicted to and they should allow us to for instance set a weekly ammount just incase go mad.

It then like the lottery makes you unable to superseed the instruction untill following day, hence stopping impulse buys. XX

I need to chant when have the other four mags, 'you need to more knitting mags, no more knitting mags', ha ha. My son says it funny enough, wonder why xx

• 1 month later...
ps. Nowt wrong with recycling packaging just as in one case was held together by elastic bands and hanging out of the parcel took he mick. Even the postie marvelled it had got here in not less of a state than it did.

Fake items are expected to received when you purchased on ebay. If its clothes, accessories or books, you can easily identify the real ones but for some items they can be replicated.

If you let me know what knitting mags you are after I may have a few, going to sort my garage out in the New Year when I finish work - have tons of knitting mags there, you can PM me the details.

I also have lots of knitting books which might be of use, I am scanning in what I need and getting rid of the books themselves, some only have one pattern I particularly would use.

If you have a genuine complaint with postage costs, condition of the packaging, or genuineness of the product bought, then mark the seller down on their Detailed Seller Ratings. This has a direct effect on their status with Ebay, and getting a few marks of one or two moves their listings down significantly. The seller will also not know who left the low marks - unlike with the feedback itself.

• 2 weeks later...