bubbles2307

Vodafone default 2008

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3569 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

WRT135

Hi

I have an account showing as defaulted from 03/08/2008 and is causing me a huge problem financially, I was hoping to get a mortgage next year but my bank will not even open me a joint account with my husband due to their policy of rejecting anybody outright with a default to their name..

I was made redundant in mid 2008 and struggled to make ends meet. I didn't know what to do and unfortunately this bill was unpaid.

I moved in with my now husband in early 2009, got a new job and immediately settled the debt.

However, I never realised the account had gone into default and although it has been paid for 1.5 years I have been told it will be another 4.5 years before it falls off my file.

Can this possibly be removed? I feel that being unable to even open a bank account for 6 years due to a default of £190 which has been paid for 18 months is very harsh.

Thanks

Kristal

I have e-mailed the below.

Ref number is #4654594

Thanks

Kristal

WRT135

Hi

I have an account showing as defaulted from 03/08/2008 and is causing me a huge problem financially, I was hoping to get a mortgage next year but my bank will not even open me a joint account with my husband due to their policy of rejecting anybody outright with a default to their name..

I was made redundant in mid 2008 and struggled to make ends meet. I didn't know what to do and unfortunately this bill was unpaid.

I moved in with my now husband in early 2009, got a new job and immediately settled the debt.

However, I never realised the account had gone into default and although it has been paid for 1.5 years I have been told it will be another 4.5 years before it falls off my file.

Can this possibly be removed? I feel that being unable to even open a bank account for 6 years due to a default of £190 which has been paid for 18 months is very harsh.

Thanks

Kristal

Guest Espi_Vodafone

Hi Kristal,

I just wanted to pop onto this thread and let you know that we have received your email and we are currently looking into this for you. Lee, who usually deals with these kind of cases, is not in the office this week however I will do everything that I can to help you get this resolved as quickly as possible.

We will be in touch via email shortly.

Thanks,

Espi

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK