British Gas just simply appalling...Call centre staff lied to me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Despite being a customer for the last 20 odd years.....I have had nothing but problems with this company...today they have called round with a warrant to put us on a pre payment meter. They asked me to contact them before the 22nd, so I phoned them on the 21st paid half of the bill (my gas account is in credit !!!) transferred the balance from the gas bill to the electricity bill with a small amount outstanding, told them I would be paying this amount on the 7th November. Just to confirm this I phoned them again last week to confirm that the warrant would be stopped and that everything will be fine and I don't need to worry. Who calls round today - British Gas saying they can't stop it. So basically I have been lied to by British Gas.

When I moved in to this house 8 years ago, it was Manweb, I phoned British Gas to explain that I wanted to change to them and their dual fuel package, I gave them the readings and they (British Gas) sent me a letter saying YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO ANYTHING, I start receiving a bill. And pay regularly. Then 2 years later they send me a huge bill for £3,000 saying that I hadn't paid anything for my electricity !!!

4 years ago they suddenly changed me from a residential address to a business address and started charging me for business VAT !!!

Not only that 2 years ago, I find out that my account had been in credit by £1,500 for over 12 months and never once had they told me this or sent me any kind of statement. I only got the money back by issuing a LETTER BEFORE ACTION.

When I set up my direct debit payments for the gas account, I attempted to set up a direct debit account for the electricity too, they couldn't do it at the time due to their computer systems. I was told I would be called back due to their call back 'promise' - I never was. My wife again tried to set up a direct debit with the company a month later, and had to hold for 40 minutes, again she was told they would call back - they didn't

Needless to say I will be writing a letter to Roger Carr (Chairman)..and I will never be using this company again.

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

British Gas was billing my partner for a meter that didnt exist, for 3 years!!!!!

Took me months to get the money back for him, no apology or compensation, and they still have withheld £100 and no explanation to why this happened.

What made me giggle is that he had a 'sorry your leaving' letter off them after all had been sorted and asking him to return as he was a good customer ... How can he return as a customer when there is no meter??? BG do not know their arse from their elbow and Im getting to think that with most utility companies. I have to say though BG have caused me no end of troubles in the past.

BG keep ringing me on my mobile and each time they ring I demand they remove me from their database as I will never go with such a useless company-EVER. A month or so later, they ring again. Nothing as bad as the above posts. They carried on billing me after I had left them. Took me two years of letter writing, phone calls (pre-cag) before they admitted they were wrong and of course-no apology.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE