Bugfix's wife - gym problem

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3614 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Can somebody help?

My wife joined on 14th October by paying £34.51 and after 2 visits she discontinued. As advised to send an email for cancelation she sent an email on 19th October. As a shock I see her membership is still not canceled and deducted a money of £24.99 on 29th of October.

And the staff is very uncooperative. I think this is a cheating. After reqeusting for cancelation still not canceling and also collecting money twice once on 14th and again on 29th. I am checking with my friends on actions to be taken, help from the forum is greatly appreaciated.

HI Bugfix and welcome to CAG.

I've moved your post into your own thread to avoid hijacking someone else's. :-)

What gym is this for.

Did your wife sign a contract or agreement for a minimum period. If so, have you checked to see what the minimum period is - it could be for 12, 24 or 36 months. :shock:

If you don't want further DD's to be taken from your bank, you will have to cancel the DD by contacting the bank. However, by doing this, you could be breaking an agreement and the gym may well pursue for ALL payments due for the minimum period. They may well use a DCA (Debt Collection Agency).

The good news is that many of these so-called agreements that gym's use are not enforceable in law.

8)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)