starla vs halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6439 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I'm about to start claiming charges back from the Halifax but I have three accounts that I want to deal with. I'm sorry if this question has been answered elsewhere already, but do I need to send separate Subject Access Request Letters for each account, or can I do the whole claim in one go?

Thanks

p.s Halifax suck. They made me cry in their Aberystwyth branch once.

• 1 month later...

Hi, apologies if this has been answered before - I did a good search for the answer before posting but couldn't find it.

I've received statements for me, my boyfriend and my brother from Halifax and on the statements it simply says 'Charges as notified'. When sending a schedule of charges with the initial request for repayment, what should I put down? I don't know what each individual charge was for, e.g bounced cheque or dd return. What has everyone else put?

Also, is it ok not to claim back overdraft interest from these charges as that looks pretty hard to work out?

Thanks

Starla:-|

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

hope everyone's well.

After sending off for my statements, I got a stack of envelopes with them in. Everything seemed to be present for two accounts that I wish to claim for, but in a separate envelope I received a compliment slip with the words 'invalid number' written on it and my ten pounds cheque stapled to it. I think that this 'invalid number' must refer to my closed student account. However, I though that even if the account was closed I was entitled to the information from it. Any ideas with how I should proceed?

Thanks

starla

• 3 weeks later...

Hi People,

I'll just update you on what's going on.

1. Sent request for information about accounts.

2. Halifax returned cheque to me, sent statements for two accounts and ignored the one that was closed, sending only a cryptic compliments slip with my cheque saying 'number invalid'.

3. Sent off letter asking for refund of charges for two accounts

4. They have replied saying they will give me a goodwill payment of 176.00 (are these amounts random btw?!) Also on this letter they have said that they reserve the right to close my account if I don't manage it properly.

Should I be worried now?

Any ideas about what to do with the deafening silence re closed account?

Ta

starlakid

Hi People,

I'll just update you on what's going on.

1. Sent request for information about accounts.

2. Halifax returned cheque to me, sent statements for two accounts and ignored the one that was closed, sending only a cryptic compliments slip with my cheque saying 'number invalid'.

3. Sent off letter asking for refund of charges for two accounts

4. They have replied saying they will give me a goodwill payment of 176.00 (are these amounts random btw?!) Also on this letter they have said that they reserve the right to close my account if I don't manage it properly.

I think they pull numbers out of a hat to come up with a figure, have you opened an account elsewhere in case they do close it?

Should I be worried now?

No

Any ideas about what to do with the deafening silence re closed account?

Have you got proof of this account Ie an old cheque statement? if so you could scan it/photo copy it and send it off to them, have you changed adresess since the account being closed?

Ta

starlakid

Mechs

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.