HSBC Default for bank charges Help!

bob2152
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4922 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First of all this is my first post so please correct me if i am in incorrect section. Also i have tried to read the stickies on this subject but they seem to be broken links.

My story started a couple of years ago i opened a bank account with HSBC, i never put any money in or took any money out, the account was soley opened to set up an ebay and paypal account and become verified. all ebay payments where taken from my credit card (not from HSBC). This account was dormant for a year or 2 when without my knowledge or agreement paypal took £100 from my bank instead of my credit card. This put me £100 overdrawn and incurred £40 of bank charges (no authorised overdraft limit). I recieved a letter informing me of this and immediately went down to the bank. I explained the situation to the cashier and manager and they where extremely helpfull and understanding and said the charges where to be removed. So i paid the £100 and left, if i had any reason to doubt the charges wherent to be paid off i would have paid them there and then.

Then i moved home and forgot to change the address with it been a bank that i never use or intend to use.

Months later i realise that the charges were not removed and a default was on my credit file. I contacted HSBC by phone and in bank and offered to pay the £40 but they said the account was closed and the matter settled. My credit file does indeed have settled on the default but it is still causing me harm on my credit score and has 2/3 years left to run.

This is a £ 40 debt which i would happily agree to pay 10 times the amount to have a perfect credit score.

Also the bank cashier was in fact my friends girlfriend at the time and she can vouch/ testify that the manager said the charges will be removed as i was in the bank willing to pay them if they werent.

Any advice/contact adresses on how to go about getting this fully removed would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Bobby