Employer refusing to provide access to Expenses Policy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4925 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I'm back. If you have a grievance, for want of a better word, against the broker and can prove it, then you would probably be able to report them to the fos, having gone through the company [broker's] complaints procedure first.

Have you asked and/or have they sent a copy of the complaints procedure to you? If you want to PM me the name of the broker, it might help me to advise you, but no promises. It will of course stay confidential.

Stick with it Me too, you'll get there, but I can't say it's not complex. I'll stick with the insurance part of it and let BRB and the others get their teeth into the employment law side.

We might need to post on the Insurance forum later, but I already have an outstanding thread on there about Group PHI/PDI that hasn't been answered yet.

HB x

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi,

you should write a letter/e-mail to the HR director/manager and request a hard copy of that staff handbook as you have no access to the company's intranet site. Failing to do so, you will bring a claim before a Tribunal...

Hi and thanks for the advice,

I have sent another letter (yesterday) stating I am entitled to copies as part of my terms of contract. The problem I have is the HR manager is just totally incompetent !! **removed due to ongoin negotiations of compromise agreement* * !

have a great bank holiday

Me_too

Edited by cfs_too
Negotiating a Compromise Agreement

Hi,

One thing which is clear throughout your posts and threads is your pugnacity... I must admit that admire you for that! When few would have thrown the sponge in despair, you continue to fight your corner... in spite of all the trouble you are going through... Well done 'Me_Too'...

The HR department refusal to submit requested documents is not, on its own, a sufficient reason to bring a claim before a Tribunal... but must be added to your other claims...

You are entitled to documents forming your contract of employment and addendums (if any) and if you requested any documents under the DPA and she still refused to provide them within the time limit, then you could contact the ICO...

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

hi,

thanks

Hi,

One thing which is clear throughout your posts and threads is your pugnacity... I must admit that admire you for that! When few would have thrown the sponge in despair, you continue to fight your corner...I have that 'you've picked on the wrong person mentality' which has contributed to my illness in the first place! If I have been wronged, I will stand up for my rights - often to my own detriment. Sometimes I wish I could let people walk all over me, life would be so much easier. in spite of all the trouble you are going through... Well done 'Me_Too'...

The HR department refusal to submit requested documents is not, on its own, a sufficient reason to bring a claim before a Tribunal... but must be added to your other claims...

You are entitled to documents forming your contract of employment and addendums (if any) and if you requested any documents under the DPA and she still refused to provide them within the time limit, then you could contact the ICO...*removed*

Edited by cfs_too
Negotiating a Compromise Agreement

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and thanks for the great advice given on here.

I met with my solicitor, who is negotiating a compromise agreement with the employer - hence my reluctance to comment any further at the moment.

Not all going as I wanted, but I suppose sometimes you have to give up the fight, just for your own sanity. :|

Me_Too

Well done... this is surely a step in the right direction... :)

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

• 4 months later...

Hello,

I'm back, well where do I start?

Firstly thanks for all of the advice and help given to me, a few months ago I was (and still am) in a poor state of health, but at that time trying to negotiate a compromise agreement with an employer who was extremely bullying and intimidating.

They caused much unnecessary stress and detriment to my health, even within attempted negotiations for the monetary terms regarding the termination of employment.

Although not relevant to this specific thread, the story so far is :

My solicitor got a bit fed up in trying to negotiate with my employers, to the point when he passed the correspondence back to me to negotiate with them! It got to the point when they ignored past ET cases, and my employment rights - even when quoted by the solicitor to them!

To cut a long story short, a compromise agreement was NOT signed, and my contract of employment was terminated. (More about this in other threads - to keep this one simple).

I was never given a copy of any of the internal policies (this thread was for the expenses one in particular, but others were required as I attempted to negotiate a compromised agreement - but no company policies were ever furnished to me), Many of these formed the 'extended terms' of my contract of employment.

And so, now I have to gather my strength and submit an ET within the next 4 weeks! Yes, I have left it a bit late, but I have been too ill to take any action. There will be many questions on here, so i hope that the experts and those who have unfortunately been through the same trauma's can help answer a few questions.

Thanks to all who helped, both directly and by placing their own experiences on the forum.

Me_too

Oh this is now getting too confusing - three threads for one problem??? You are making it impossible to sort out what is going on. Can you please pick a thread, tell the story and not bits of it, and then you might get something moe meaningful back?

Oh this is now getting too confusing - three threads for one problem??? You are making it impossible to sort out what is going on. Can you please pick a thread, tell the story and not bits of it, and then you might get something moe meaningful back?

Hi SarEl,

Many thanks for your comments regarding my posts, however my posts are 3 separate questions which is why I have asked them as such.

This is to be more concise, and if these questions are relevant to others then the answers given may help more out there than just me.

If the title of a thread helps others who have similar problems, then it is easier to write the questions as such. I have been using this site for a couple of years, and as others also know it is hard to find help and assistance when answers are buried into threads of different titles.

This thread is an old thread, which was specific to my issues at the time, and one which I updated for those who have assisted me in the past, and for those who have asked where I was and how I got on - with their advice.