Byrne07

Account used by partner whilst ill

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3575 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello, my partner is currently suffering from severe depression and is to be reassessed to see if it is possible he has bipolar rather than unipolar depression.

Recently he has had spells where he spends money endlessly until he has none left, but this weekend it has gone up another level as he has spent £500 gambling online with my details.

I know this is because he is ill and not in any way his usual behaviour but wonder whether any of you may have any advice on if/how I can go about getting this money back as I hadn't given him permission?

Many Thanks.

Hi Byrne and I'm sorry to read about the problems you're having.

I really don't think you're likely to get back any of this money.

The Online Gambling site are not responsible for your loss. YP had a source of funds and just happened to use it with them.

The bank will deny any responsibility saying you failed to protect your card adequately. Even if you report the matter as theft or fraud, the bank will maintain you were negligent with card security.

I think the police would treat the matter in the same way, saying this is a civil matter.

Even though you hadn't given YP permission to use the card for this purpose, you enabled this to happen by not having the card in your care and control.

Now you've had this happen, you must take adequate precautions to protect your cards and money against further unauthorised use. If you think YP has your PIN No., ask for a new PIN No. If you can't a/c for any of your bank cards (debit or credit), ask the bank to treat it as lost and get a new one issued.

I'd love to hear opinion from someone else, that I'm wrong...........

Good luck to you both.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)