student loan Vs county court judgement = ??

f.in.debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3885 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

have not heard anything from the student loans company for over 6 years! Should i contact them?

What the chance they will persue?

"Don't give in to astonishment", which is exactly what you want to do. You want to go nuts with how crazy this is! :-)

The SLC do not themselves appear to take people to Court, what they do is sell the account to a Debt collection Agency who then start bombardment tactics and sometimes litigation.

There was a change in these loans circa 1998 which stopped them becoming statute barred (not retrospectively).

If the loan is the earlier type and there has been no acknowledgment for more than six years then a complete defence exists.

If the loan is the later type they never become statute barred.

Example

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?286955-Link-Financial-calls-about-pre-1998-student-loans

As of 03/03/12 please do not under any circumstances wait for my further input or guidance on any current thread or defence of a court claim I might have been involved in on or through Cag.

Jasper1965

Its pre 1998, and i believe no deferment for over 7 years, BUT my credit file show a default date july 2005, making satute barred july 2011.

The entery shows it was made by the student loans company the credit file company has confirmed and given me there address to reply to them for more info.

But I do not get letters from the SLC asking for payments etc, I have moved since, but getting my new address is childs play to them.

How long would it take to get a county court cliam processed and would it have to be granted before july 2011?

Ie if it takes two months to process a CCJ would they have to start proceeding before two months of becomming statue barred, on can they start on the statue barred date?

Thanks

"Don't give in to astonishment", which is exactly what you want to do. You want to go nuts with how crazy this is! :-)