Deposit Advice Question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3925 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Moved out of my flat at the end of September due to contract having expired, Estate agent was round and viewed the flat and agreed that everything was in good condition and that I would get my full deposit back as soon as the landlord told them it was okay to release the funds(£450). After no contact from them for a week I rang the estate agent and was told that they had released the deposit to the owner of the property at some point during my tenancy and that they were trying to get in contact with him to get the money back from him to give to me. They then said to leave it with then and all would be grand. After another week of no contact I rang the estate agents again and they informed me that the landlord wasn't answering his phone, replying to voice mails, emails or letters but not to worry as he was a big business man and they would eventually get in contact with him. Alarm bells started ringing at this point but estate agents are a big company and quite reputable so I unfortuneatly put doubts to the back of my mind. Eventually after about another 5 phone calls between me and the estate agents they rang me last friday(22nd October) and said to give them my new address and they would forward the details to the landlord as he had finally got in contact with them and would be posting my deposit out. As no post had arrived this morning I rand estate agents today and was told by some clown that it is nothing to do with them as the landlord has the money(even though I have said multiple times to them that the deposit was paid to them in good faith and not to the landlord) but they will try to ring the landlord to see what is happening. The woman on the phone got quite annoyed with me for suggesting that this is anything to do with them or that they are liable in any way and i feel like I'm just getting fobbed off. I requested the landlords phone number so that I could ring him myself but was informed that this wasn't possible. I have requested an appointment with CAB but they are very busy at the minute due to office restructuring so was told they may take a while to get back to me.

I should point out that the tenancy duration was for a year, rent was always paid on time, flat was left in immaculate condition upon my leaving and I had a written contract.

Any advice on how to deal with this would be greatly appreciated, particularly any legal terms that I can use when speaking to the estate agenst and I can fee lmyself cracking up completely on the next phone call to them and I have a funny feeling that'll do more harm than good