• Tweets

• Thanks for your reply dx    no I haven’t moved, in all honestly I don’t think they have sent the NOA, hence why I have asked for proof. It was suspicious on the phone as they couldn’t find the letter and then couldn’t attach it to an email    I have no problem paying the £75 if they prove they sent it.    im disputing the £235 as I don’t think they’ve follow the COVID guidelines either. I’m at work and my sister answered the door who is deemed vulnerable and is shielding. I would have told them that if they done a risk assessment (I believe the ministry of justice require it)    im a little confused with what you mean by the NOA running out? They have told me they sent it on the 14th? 
    • Well, I'm being pedantic but I think they're using the wrong term.   Link to the Money Advice Service on salary sacrifice below. It doesn't sound like what you're doing.   https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/salary-sacrifice-schemes   HB
    • can you please refrain from using any hosting sites now please   read our upload guide carefully (esp about using pdfreducer websites) and pop the PDF up here.   can you also rotate the images!!   thank you
    • can't see how you can owe the £235 fee, just because of an error their way that ran the 7 days out because you didn't pay the £75 NOA fee in time. you need to confirm the address the NOA was sent too , thats all. have you moved since the fine was issued?   please be very careful about following advice on some bailiff sites, they can be very misleading at the best of times. if you've not moved, then there can't be any real dispute about not receiving the NOA, letters are deemed received 2 days after posting regardless.   i think you need to get WRITING to the company, offer the £75 . 
    • So after requesting a new SAR this is what we received. Can anyone shed some light on what I could do with these figures?  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PLDAGPrHWMrmqhiu6CDA3Vxg1w8NYQqI/view?usp=sharing   (There is no sensitive info on this link)  Can anyone Help? 
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

DVLA lose in court again

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3641 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I received the standard failing to notify letter offering an out of court settlement for £55 reduced to £35 if paid immediately. I wrote to DVLA enclosing a copy of the original letter that had been sent them, they then replied quoting the law about notifying forthwith but in the last paragraph of the letter stated categorically that no such letter had been received at the Centre.

I then engaged in letter ping pong until I got bored and each of their letters stated the same. I arrived at court at the beginning of October, where I was told by the court that the DVLA now accepted that they had received my letter but it wasn t immediate, the case was adjourned.

I have been back to court today and told the magistrates that I wasn t happy with the DVLA evidence as they had not included the fact that they had a copy of the letter received by them 12 days following the transfer, I had in fact sent it first class 7 days following the transfer, with the pre court documents. I then argued that if it was to be immediate the DVLA should accept electronic mail and that the onus was on me to reply immediately but the DVLA want 20 days to notify you back by which time you would be unable to comply with the fortwith clause. Incidentally I still haven t received notification of them 6 months later.

I suggested that if it was meant to be immediate the DVLA should specify within 48 hrs recorded delivery and then notify back the same. The snotty Clerk of Court then said perhaps I should write to my MP to get the law changed, I replied that I would be doing just that and highlighting the shortcomings of the DVLA at every opportunity whatever the outcome of the case. The case was dismissed and I was so pleased I forgot to pursue the costs.

The costs are worth it just for the pleasure of seeing the look on Mr DVLA s face along with that of the snotty clerk

Another win for the little man

Congratulations :)

I'm in a 'running battle' with them at the moment since June...

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

I'll post an update as and when...

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

I also pointed out to the court that if the DVLA had actually received the letter, then they were trying to extort the £55 out of court settlement from me. This didn t go down well with Mr DVLA but raised a smile with the magistrates who then had to sit through a whole day of DVLA fund raising