slizedbread

Dam DVLA

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3559 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all i dont wanna do a to long post so hear it is.

My car was due to sell and was just waiting for the buyer to pick it up. The car had no tax e.c.t. and was sold with-out it and was gonna get towed away.

parked the car out side my house to clean and left it there so it could be picked up the next day, anyway someone had it infor me as i returned from work at 5am to find a clamp on it. I held my hands up and paid £260 to get the clamp removed. sold the car as soon as the clamp was off (4days later).

A week has gone by and now i have a letter from ther dvla wanting me to pay an out of court settlement of £99 because the "car was seen to be used/parked on the road" when the car had a clamp on it. Now I rang the dvla witch have been no help at all they even said we can fine you everyday eventhough the car had a clamp on it.

So my question is can they fine me when i cant move the car as they had it clamped? seems to be a set up for a nice money maker for them. :mad2::mad2:

Unfortunately two sections of Vehicles Excise & Registration Act 1994 are involved, the £260 is the clamping fee - schedule 2A, the £99 would be for no licence - s.29 and unpaid duty - s.30.

Unfortunately two sections of Vehicles Excise & Registration Act 1994 are involved, the £260 is the clamping fee - schedule 2A, the £99 would be for no licence - s.29 and unpaid duty - s.30.

Thanks for the info, so as it stands is thats two fines for my car being parked outside my home with no tax, also the clamp was put on the 15th to the 18th the fine broke down as 100 for fine and 160 for dvla for no road tax, could have been taken off if i baught tax but no point do to it sold.

And the other £99 for on the date of the 16th at 10:11 it was parked outside my house when the clamp was placed on the 15th i had paid the fine on the 15th but they could not take it off till the 18th. If you ask me that is very unjust.

Done a bit of googling and i've read that you cant be find for the same thing twice, even if it is two issues then how can i move it when they could not take the clamp off. Prob just pay the £99 because i cant be arsed with the hassle, dont think ill bother going back on the road after this it seems if you need to drive then you get done like a kipper every way they can get you, road tax, insurace, petrol, parking and over the top fines. Just a joke if youask me! :shock:

The £260 was made up of the fee for the clamping and a surety which would have been refunded if you obtained and produced a valid licence, it wasn't for not having a licence.

The £99 is for no licence etc.

I agree with Raykay. To make it a little easier on the mind, when Raykay says 'licence' they are of course referring to the VED. (Vehicle excise duty or tax disc).

I refer to 'licence' to keep it in line with the terminology that DVLA use in their correspondence, of course Vehicle Excise Duty is what you pay - commonly called road tax; a Vehicle Excise Licence is what you receive - commonly called a tax disc.

thanks all looks like ill just pay it and be more careful.

I'm fighting them at the moment and I'm not letting it go.

Ping pong letters/emails etc. BUT THEY WILL NOT have the last word :)

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Oh yes they will.:lol:

You obviously don't know me ;)

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)