Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3617 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

You would either have to ask the dealer for the tax disc back to surrender it, or declare it lost or stolen which if the dealer sells the car with the original tax disc or himself claims a refund could land you in trouble.

You would either have to ask the dealer for the tax disc back to surrender it, or declare it lost or stolen which if the dealer sells the car with the original tax disc or himself claims a refund could land you in trouble.

The dealer cannot surrender the tax disk for a refund. Only the current or previous registered keeper can ask for a refund, and as "dealers" are never as the RK, they can no longer get the refunds.

My mistake I remember it changed in Jan 09, not been in the trade since 2003 so I aint up to speed:|

Then there is nothing stopping the dealer becoming the RK and SORN'ing it; scraping it; or putting it in a nil band! My first point still stands the dealer bought it with the Tax so they would have to be asked for it back.

Edited by esmerobbo