abbie-jo

can i delay eviction for 1 week

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3574 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi, i need to know if i can delay the eveiction that is scheduled for 2nd Nov, i have found alternative accomodation but this property will not be available for me and my 2 daughters to move into until 5th Nov, when i was last at court a few weeks ago the judge refused my application to suspend warrant but gave me 2 weeks to find somewhere else to live, this has proved easier said than done, however i have found somewhere. my daughter is also booked in for minor surgery as a day case on wed 3rd Nov and the hospital have recommended conplete rest for 48 hours after, if i cannot delay the eviction i will need to cancel this appointment as i have no idea where we will go until new property is ready on fri, can i still hand in an N244 form asking the court to delay the eviction for 1 week only or would i be wasting my time in doing this.

any advice appreciated.

You can apply to the court for a hearing to ask for a further week. You will need to take all details of your new property entry date and also any documentation regarding your daughter's hospital procedure. You need to get the N244 to court first thing in the morning and hope you can see a judge asap.

Why did the judge refuse your application? How old are your daughters?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

hi, i have a copy of the landlords tenant application, it shows i have paid a deposit and the address of the property, i have an appointment card for my daughter so i,ll take that too, my daughters are 10 month and 18. i posted previously saying i felt i wasnt treated fairly at the hearing, firstly i had requested a desk advisor but there wasnt one there for me and no one did anything to see if one was available, i had also had an appointment booked with housing options team as i met the criteria for mortgage rescue scheme, however as soon as i mentioned this the judge said " no it doesnt work", i tried to explain i would be returning to work before christmas and would be in a position to pay full mortgage plus an amount off arrears, i had all the paperwork to show my benefit had been wrongly reduced to £41.00 per fortnight and that any backdated monies would be paid to me, however he wouldnt even look at them, in fairness it was the third time i had been to court to have warrant suspended and it was the same judge, who incidently was sympathetic the first and second time i was there. guess he got sick of the sight of me.

forgot to mention, i spoke with court on friday enquiring as to whether i could still an N244 for in if the judge had previously refused my application to suspend, i didnt actually get a reply from them as they told me to contact my lender as they were able to delay the eviction, i did this but was met with a big fat NO, prior to that i had spoke with Platform (lender) as i recieved a letter dated 18th Nov stating " you may still be able to remain in your home if you can make an acceptable payment off the arrears along with firm proposals to clear the remaining arrears. i rang them and asked if i could raise half the amount owed ( 2,500 ) would they accept that. again i was told "NO, either the amount in full or the eviction," when i said i had letter from them saying i could do this, i was told, "everyone gets them" i also asked again why i didnt recieve letter from them regarding the iminent eviction and only knew about it when the bailiff posted the letter through my door, i was told " you dont need 1 from us as long as bailiff delivers one to you. in actual fact i recieved a letter from them on 23rd sept telling me the eviction was scheduled for 21st sept, when i rang and said i had recieved this letter i didnt get an explanation why it was sent out nor did they tell me i would be recieving another one soon from the bailiff.