razer12121

Making a claim agaisnt a bailiff, advice needed!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3572 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I've been advised to post here for advice in writing to my local magistrates about a bailif, thread is here in the bailiff and high court forum and is called,

"Bailif has taken money - help :("

Im not aloud to post links yet :)

please help in anyway you can, im in need of writing a letter to them,

Hi razer

How can I complain about a bailiff?

Depending on the type of complaint you want to make, you can complain to the person who instructed the bailiff, for example a local authority, the county court (if the bailiff is certificated or a county court bailiff) or a trade association. See below for how to get help making a complaint.

Most private bailiffs will also belong to a trade association, all of whom have complaints and grievance procedures you can use. The main trade associations are the Certificated Bailiffs Association (CBA) and the Association of Civil Enforcement Agencies (ACEA).

CBA can be contacted by writing to:

c/o Ridgefield House

14 John Dalton Street

MANCHESTER

M2 6JR

tl: 0161 839 7225

ACEA can be contacted by writing to:

Chesham House

150 Regent Street

LONDON

W1R 5FA

www.acea.org.uk

Reading your original thread throws up a couple of inconsistencies. You say a fine was imposed but when suggested you contact the Court your reply states it was HMRC instead. Is this just a typo or can you be more specific.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, it was a fine from a copper, the receipt from the bailiff was from HMRC,

Well, it was a fine from a copper,

I assume you were issued with a Fixed Penalty, did you ignore or go to Court?

the receipt from the bailiff was from HMRC,

Why would the Bailiff be from the taxman are you sure you don't mean on behalf of HMCS?

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You would be right i belive, this is my sister not me i could have got it wrong so chances are it was HMCS.

she had a fixed fine from the police of £30, she went to the cop shop and complained about it, then heard nothing more from them, she did try to ring them a couple of times but got no answer so just left it.

she never did go to court, nor recieve a letter telling her she needed to (just thought id clear that up)

thanks!

You would be right i belive, this is my sister not me i could have got it wrong so chances are it was HMCS.

One thing you must note is that HMCS do not have their own Bailiffs, they employ the likes of private bailiff companies like Marstons to do the work for them.

she had a fixed fine from the police of £30, she went to the cop shop and complained about it, then heard nothing more from them, she did try to ring them a couple of times but got no answer so just left it. It sounds as if it has been escalated which is why you find yourselves in the position you are now in.

she never did go to court, nor recieve a letter telling her she needed to (just thought id clear that up)

thanks!

Do you know what is on the Warrant of Execution the Bailiff has - apart from the amount they are claiming is due to be paid? Whilst I appreciate you have paid did you ever receive a Breakdown of the charges that were applied? I am not to good on motoring offences and think you may be better off in the Parking/Traffic Offences Forum - you will need to know what offence etc you were charged with - there are some very knowledgeable people there.

I do appreciate you are trying to retrieve the monies you have paid but think you need some more advice first. If you just go ahead and issue a Form N1 you may just get laughed out of Court at present. In your original thread Tomtubby made comment at Post 7, it may be worthwhile getting back to her for more help, she squashes bailiffs for a living.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ok thanks, ive posted in the orginal thread, hoping she/he still helps me out!

the bailif wouldnt show my sister the warrent, he just said she had to pay it or he would take the car. she also never got a breakdown.

i erm dont know where the traffic forum is...could you link me? thanks!