DCA Credit searches

cam3048
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Quick back ground on my issue was a loan taken out with an old girlfriend about 15 years ago. I paid my half of the loan as agreed at the time with the finanace company and she never. As its joint they sold it on and the DCA pursued us both. However, I have never paid her half of the debt.

Anyway, the account is well over the 6 year period now so no legal action can be taken, however, the DCA is logging regular searches on my credit file referencing BAD DEBT and making the searches public for all to view.

The DCA in question is Mackenzie Hall.

I'm going to send them a statute barred letter but I would also like to know if I can force them to remove the searches they have listed as it is affecting my credit rating now and I am looking to get a mortgage in the near future. Other than these searches my credit history is perfect. I have never missed a loan payment in over 4 years, credit card is paid in full every month and so on.....

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cameron

Which credit file is this appearing on? Mackenzie Hall placed 14 'Outstanding Debt' searches on my Equifax credit file and I successfully got £300 in compensation off Mackenzie Hall for damaging my credit rating. Equifax on the other hand are being a pain and I am still working on getting compensation from them.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

It is Equifax, and I have contacted them to have the searches removed, they said I need to contact the DCA to request them removed, I did send an email asking them to remove the searches but they never and all I then got was a letter asking for me to contact them.

Please advise of the steps you took to get your compensation ;) nice one :)

I to have had a payout from MH.

Write directly to Robert Sands Compliance Manager first '' politely'' ask for the removal of the searches to be removed immediately and tell him that you believe the searches in that form and number are inappropriate and you require compensation ( inappropriate is the term Mr. Sands used himself when offering me money).

Start with a high figure in the low thousands of costs and damages.

Send it RD and await the reaction as Equifax a joint data controllers same letter to them.

If you need more help just post here.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Yes, I've seen that name on another thread about these cowboys and I fully intend on making a complaint.

I wouldn't mind if they were seaching and listing the searches as private so other lenders cannot see them searching but they are not, and I'm pretty sure thats ilegal.

Ive spoke to them and advised all debts are stat barred and will be sending a letter in. Also told them i want it removing.

They use call credit to do the searches and in doing so this doesnt allow them the option to "opt out" search meaning it does leave a search foot print for creditors to visably see.

It was only 1 search registered too all my previous addresses, so i guess no compo is due but at least they are off my back now and they will remove the search.