grossmisconduct

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4898 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Yesterday after 2 weeks of being suspended, I have gone to my hearing to be told basically they have no facts on who took 3000 pound out of a safe.

On the day it could had happened there are many scenarios that could had happened.

The problem I have now is, I have only been employed for 7 months on a contract.

There was a serious lack of security with no cameras in the area of the safe.

Ill explain how the whole nightmare has happened.

I am one of the 4 people with a code which i required to do my job in the mornings when i had over the cash float to a security van around 9:30am. I was lumbered the responsibly regardless of my objections after another member of staff was laid off. At the time i took this as a sign of trust from my employer and still being on probation was a bit nervous that some one so new to the company had been given this must responsibly. None of the procedures were ever told to me and i had to work them out my self.

The Friday before a sales man took payment part in cash for a motor vehicle, Which we brought over to me and another colleague after he had finished. Quite casually throw it on the table in front of us and made a bit of a joke about how this is 3 months pay. I advised him it had to be put in the green pods which can be dropped in to the safe with out its opening, at this point he just said its fine all it need is to be put in the safe as he had worked at head office before and that is what they would do.

I asked him to witness me put this in the safe.

Then told him he needs to call our accountant to let her know its in the safe.

4 days later accounts rang up asking about the money and where it was so i straight away checked to see if the same envelope was still in the safe with a witness which it was.

later that day managers were also asked to check it at 5:30 that evening to which it was still there.

This should had been counted on the Monday but was miss for what ever reason.

I work 8am -7pm every weekday and i do my daily tasked in the evening which are to check cars are locked and the site is closed down correctly ready to active the alarm.

On the day in question we had every member of staff in after hours (6pm) minus 2 people that had been laided off that day and 1 person that was fired.There was a company meeting with our area manager. every one was in one place including my self till 7:30 on this day talking to my managing director thanking him for the comment he made after I had came 3rd in the country for hitting prospecting targets and also won some money from the company as part of there competition.

In his email he stated 'If every one had a (me) at there branch we would hit all our targets and would be much better off'. this was a week before the money went missing. I also had been given awards in branch for my hard work which was presented to me by my manager.

The morning after this meet i was told one of the the managers who was laided off was in 7am before every one else to collect his stuff. When i came in later that morning and i was asked to get the cash float to give to the security man i took the bag and gave it to him assuming the money had been counted and was in the bag.

later that day this is when everything had changed.

The money wasn't in the bag and i was suspended after being interrogated by HR and accounts being treated like a criminal being ridiculed but staff treating it like a joke and pointing the finger and now i've lost my job to pretty much what I do every day, Which no facts of prove apart from the only cameras leading out of the building.

I had been working very hard doing lots of over time and cross training in the company. Also I have my driving test on the 26 November which I could had received a company car, as well as being one of there top prospectors and being given praise through out I have just been dumped as a way to justify them self's and this has now left me unable to slept for over 10 days being extremely depressed and now signed off work due to my mental condition they have left me in. As well as leaving me in a very vulnerable position with work, which is going to be very hard to get back into now.

I am going to appeal and going CAB on Monday to start a tribunal But i would like to know what you think on the topic and if im going to get any where.

Many Thanks

D.

Edited by Deanhornets

Hello D***, sorry to hear all this. I have to go out, but if that's you real name in and at the bottom of your post, could I suggest you edit it out for your own security.

HB

Could you do the same please many thanks

Could you do the same please many thanks

A bit pointless when you put your real name in your User ID. But I can save you a whole load of wasted trips. You can't make an application to a tribunal - you have only been employed there for 7 months. Therefore the employer can sack you and you can't make a claim. Sorry.