• Tweets

• How does one obtain the permit? The permit team number is only open between the hours of 9am to 3pm Mon - Fri. It says on the website, To obtain an additional 2 hours, the driver must pay a tariff of £3.00 + booking fees in person at our Security Hut, is that how you get the permit also, from the security hut? What a rigmaroll that would be but maybe just another step to take to try and catch people out?
    • Anotheruser0000 bear in mind that not all Judges are equally versed in the PoFA regulations. Fortunately now most of them are but sometimes a Judge from a higher Court sits in who is well experienced  in Law but not PoFA. and so they sometimes go "offkey" because their knowledge can raise a different set of arguments and solutions. It does seem particularly unfair  when the decision is so  bad . it can also be that in some situations the motorist being a lay person is not sufficiently know ledgeable to be able to counter a Judge's decisions in a way that a barrister could.
    • The argument about the date of receipt is now dead because the PCN  does not comply with the wording  of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4.  First reason Section 9 [2] [e]  "state that the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver and invite the keeper—(i)to pay the unpaid parking charges;" Second Reason Section 9 [2][a] "specify the vehicle, the relevant land on which it was parked and the period of parking to which the notice relates;" All your PCN does is mark the time you entered and left the car park. It does not include all the myriad things you do in between-driving into the car park, looking for a parking space-perhaps a disabled space or  parent and Child place@ getting the children or disabled person out of the car then going shopping. Coming back; loading the car with shopping [, getting the children or disabled into the car, taking the trolley back to the store; driving to the exit perhaps stopping to let vehicles/pedestrians cross in front of you etc. so subtracting the driving times from before and after parking can make quite a difference from their time to the actual period parking time. So the upshot is now that only the driver is responsible for paying the PCN and the keeper is not liable at all even if the name of the driver is never known by Nexus so well done for not appealing. You obviously want to keep it that way to make it very difficult for them to win in Court if it ever goes that far. Although your question is now moot since  the same objective has been achieved by the non compliant PCN [ie no keeper liability] just  about the only way to dispute the timing of the PCN would be if one kept the envelope and there was a discernible date stamp on it that did not match the date on the PCN. There is a new Act coming out [and it cannot come quickly enough ] and one of the things required is that parking companies will have to prove the date of sending out their PCNs. We are not the only ones who sometimes doubt the veracity of their dates particularly as the later it is sent [unlawfully] the shorter the period motorists have to benefit [?] from the reduced payment. I haven't seen it on your posts but do you know how long you are permitted to park for free?
    • I was so annoyed and frustrated about the fact this case was lost it's been floating around my head all night. Dave962, are you sure that's what the Judge said? .... It doesn't make sense. Did the judge in fact dismiss the case on the grounds that the defendant did not make an appeal within 28 days? Effectively telling the PPC about the error entering the registration number and providing proof of payment at that time? To me, that's an important point.  
    • The United Autoworkers Union took a risk in a Republican - and often anti-union - part of the US.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Mackenzie Hall Letter - What Action Should I take Now? Please Help!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4850 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Don't hold your breath baout getting any sort of response from MHall other than their computer generated threatograms. They have a poor record of dealing with any form of correspondence and your letters are not offering them money. If they don't respond and continue pestering you for money get back on here and there will be further advice on what to do.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've seen off Muck Hall a couple of times now. I don't bother to write to them I just email the Compliance Manager directly, usually have a response within a day. I've pasted an example below of my last dealings with these pirates!

Dear Sir,

I have today received a letter from you reference 911*****

I must advise you that I am in possession of a letter from your company confirming that this alleged debt is Statute Barred and that my file had been closed.

As you will be able to see from the email below, you thought it appropriate to pass the alleged debt to MacKenzie Hall who I in turn advised that the alleged debt was Statue Barred.

It would now appear that the alleged debt has been passed back to you and you persist in wasting both your time and your shareholders money in pursuing me.

Because of the following two actions by your company:

1. Passing the alleged debt to Mackenzie Hall after writing to me to confirm that the alleged debt was statute barred and therefore being complicit in continuing to pursue a statute barred debt. AND

2. Having received the case back from Mackenzie Hall, continuing to pursue me despite having already provided me with confirmation in writing that my file had been closed.

I must advise you that I now consider this to be harassment.

May I take this opportunity to remind you that the OFT Debt Collection Guidance states further that "continuing to press for payment after a debtor has stated that they will not be paying a debt because it is statute barred could amount to harassment contrary to section 40 (1) of the Administration of Justice Act 1970".

I now expect you to reply to this email confirming that your files have indeed been closed. Unlike your previous letter which is clearly an untruth, you did not close my file, instead passing it to MacKenzie Hall, who incidentally are known as an extremely unethical company and have been the subject of investigations by the OFT and local Trading Standards. An opinion I am also beginning to form about your company.

Should I ever receive correspondence regarding this alleged debt again I will without further reference to you pursue legal action citing the Administration of Justice Act 1970. Furthermore I will seek substantial damages from you and any company associated with you for the considerable stress and distress you have caused.

I will also be lodging a complaint with the Leeds Trading Standards Office regarding the fact that I have, on file, a letter from you stating that I would receive no further correspondence from you, yet you continue to pursue me. I will be providing them with copies of all correspondence.

Regards

Me

To: me

Subject: RE: Reference M1********

Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010

Mr *****,

I am in receipt of your email below and I note the contents accordingly.

I feel it prudent at this stage to inform you that Mackenzie Hall received your case on the 22/12/09, we were not informed that you had previously notified Lowell that your account was statute barred and would not be paying as such.

May I ask you to take this email as confirmation that the account has been closed and returned to our clients. Mackenzie Hall shall undertake no further collection activity and we apologise for any undue stress and inconvenience this matter may have caused.

Regards

Rob Sands

Compliance Manager

Sent: 14 January 2010 18:25

To: complaints

Subject: Reference M1******

Dears Sirs,

I have received a letter from you today with the above reference.

I was contacted some time ago in reference to this alleged debt by Red Debt Collection Services which I understand to be a part of Lowell Financial.

Upon receiving said correspondence I advised Red Debt Collection Services that this debt is now Statute Limited. Shortly afterward I received a letter from Lowell advising that the debt was indeed Statute Limited, that my file had been closed and that I would receive no further correspondence.

You can imagine my dismay to receive this letter from you today.

May I take this opportunity to remind you that the OFT sat under their Debt Collection Guidance on statute barred debt that "it is unfair to pursue the debt if the debtor has heard nothing from the creditor during the relevant limitation period.

Furthermore, the OFT Debt Collection Guidance states further that "continuing to press for payment after a debtor has stated that they will not be paying a debt because it is statute barred could amount to harassment contrary to section 40 (1) of the Administration of Justice Act 1970".

I assume your letter is the result of an administrative error and I look forward to confirmation of such, should I receive any further correspondence after your confirmation I will immediately instigate legal proceedings against you and seek damages for harrassment under the abovementioned act.

Regards

Me

Uncercover-Elas, NailPost, matthulmeand everyone,

Thanks for your thoughts, help and advise. My weekend away has been a good break all in all.Coming back home,however is not as pleasant when at the back of my mind, thoughts of this MH letter to me again.

Anyway, I have received a letter from MH and this is what it states:

Ref: xxx

Client Ref: xxx

Pursuers: Mackenzie Hall Debt Purchases Ltd

OriginatorCreditor: xxxBank

Principal Sum: 500+

FAILURE TO RESPOND - NOTICE

Dear xxx

Despite previous correspondence you have failed to respond. We have obtained this alternative address as a financial link, linking this address to your previous abode.This financial link information was supplied by a credit reference agency.

We have been instruction by our client to recover this Overdue Account on their behalf.

Our client have informed us that they are unaware of any legitimate reason for non-payment of their account and although they would prefer an amicable settlement, they will not hesitate to take such further action as may be appropriate.

We trust that this will not be necessary and would request that you send your payment by the deadline below.

Payment Deadline: Noon 22/11/10

If you recently forwarded payment or there is any issue that you would like to bring to our attention then we would ask you to contact this office immediately by telephone on 0844 411 5630.

Important: If you are not the named person above please contact us quoting Address ID:xxx to stop any further communication.

Your sincerely

MH

Last week I send them the bemused letter and statute barred letter BUT MH have not replied yet to my letters sent. Now I have received this letter from MH.

WHAT do I need to be doing? REPLY? or NOT? If not, then what?

Please advise and help. Thanks a lot.

time to ignore the threat-o-grams

they are just trying to scare you into paying as you've already bitten and replied

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You want to get hold of Alan Stewart at East Ayrshire Trading Standards, he is the person who is compiling a file on Mackenzie Hall... should put another black mark their way. He can stop them contacting you in this manner especially as you don't owe anything.

Get onto him pronto and don't bother responding to MH - they will continue to harrass you otherwise.

What's the date on MHall's latest missive? There tends to be a pretty big gap between the date of the letter and the envelope falling through the letterbox with this lot. I think its because of the mail supplier they use at source. My postie told me they don't handle their stuff with any great urgency so what might take just two days with good old Royal Mail may take four or five days. If the date pre-dates the receipt by Mhall of your recorded delivery/signed for note telling to go away then you have to accept they crossed in the post. But if you get another one demanding cash, or no response to your letter, then's the time to start creating big waves.

PriorityOne, Undercover-Elsa, dx100uk and everyone,

Many thanks for all your help and support.

I am trying to locate the full address for Trading Standards. So far this is the address I have found.

1. Can someone confirm that this is the full address to send my complaint to.

2. Is there a template letter for TS?

3. What else do I enclose in the letter to TS?. Do I enclose the 2 recorded delivery letters which I sent to MH last week?

To:

Alan Steward

East Ayshire Council Trading Standards

14, London Road,

Kilmarnock

KA3 7BU

Many thanks once again.

Yes that is the correct address.

No template. Make it a personalised letter advising of your situation and what you have faced.

Include copies of letters you have received from MH and what you have sent to them.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Bob,

Just a small point, but after some more thought I'd be tempted to hang on for a few days till you get their response to your Stat Barred/no knowledge of debt letter, which will provide more ammunition if they still persist in threatening you. Equally, if they fail to respond you will be seen to have given them a fair chance to do.

In the meantime work on your letter then we'll tweak it according to what happens...

Elsa x

Hi PriorityOne, dx100uk, Undercover-Elsa and everyone,

This weekend have passed and I have not receive any letters from MH - hooray :) This is very good news. I hope the bemused letter and also the Statute Barred letter did the job.

But I must not be too happy but will await and see when MH replies. As I have written the two letters and if they do not reply, what should I do next? Just sit tight and wait?

Have a great week ahead everyone and thanks very much.

Based in Kilmarkshire , they are a Debt based company who buy debts from other idiotic debt companies who just continuously leech on the address think that the person maybe there sixteen years letter or they PHISH for any information. here are som eother options to consider.

1. IGNORE IT.

2. RETURN IT WITH A MESSAGE ( NOT KNOW AT THIS ADDRESS) IN BOLD

3. IF THEY START CALLING YOU AT HOME( WHICH THEY DO) GET BT OR YOUR PROVIDER TO PUT YOU ON THE CHOOSE TO REFUSE LIST,£ 4.00 A QTR AND WELL WORTH IT, THEN PUT THEIR NUMBER ON IT, WHICH BLOCKS THEIR NUMBER FROM CALLING YOU. THEY WILL USE OTHER NUMBER SO YOU ADD ALL THE NUMBER , THEY WILL GETE FED UP AND RETURN THE DEBT TO THE CLIENT STATING THAT THEY CANNOT GET HOLD OF THE PERSON CONCERNED.

4. REPORT THEM FOR DEMANDING MONEY BY MENACE TO THE OFT( NOT VERY HELPFUL), BE PERSISTENT AND THERE ARE OTHER GOVERNING BODIES WHOM YOU CAN COMPLAIN TO.

HOPE THAT HELPS, BUT DO NOT BE AFRAID TO CONFRONT THESE IDIOTS WHO HARASS YOU JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE AN ADDRESS OR A SIMLAR NAME TO THE NAME OF THE PERSON THEY ARE LOOKING FOR.