Sainburys Help

Scrapper
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4920 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Yet another thread by me.

Been on a payment arrangement with Sainsburys for 18 months through a company called Albion

I have been paying £100 per month as agreed.

Got my first statement today for over 12 months and they require me to make a payment of £2900 by 15th November (never going to happen)

It also turns out that for the last 10 months every £100 I have been paying them they have been taking £88 in interest all be it at a reduced rate.

In short I have paid them £1000 and only cleared £120 off the debt. Thats a whooping rate of 88% interest. Is that legal?

They have reduced the credit limit and with the interest that have charged this month it has taken me over my limit so they have charged me £12 for that.

I called them and offered a short settlement but they refused advising me they dont accept offers of short settlement and I need to keep paying or they will start court proceedings.

Can someone look at my CCA and see if it's up to scratch as if I keep paying at £100pm it will take 20 years to clear and cost me 4 times what I borrowed in the first place.

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp284/djackson29/Sainsburys1a.jpg Front

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp284/djackson29/Sainsburys2.jpg Back

If it is enforceable can I get some advice on what I can do to stop them basically robbing me blind and acting like loan sharks with a licence?

Much appreciated as always

Scrapper Coco 8-)

Edited by Scrapper

"I just want to make people silky-smooth!"

Scrapper vs MBNA Partial Settlement Success. Saved £13,000 :lol:

Scrapper vs Barclays Bank Plc PPI Reclaim Success £5,500 :lol:

Scrapper vs Barclaycard Partial Settlement Success. Saved £6,000 :lol:

Scrapper vs Tesco's FOS upheld complaint. Possible court action to get default removed

Scrapper vs Egg (Barclaycard) Awaiting FOS

Scrapper vs Barclays Bank Plc Offered made & Refused. This means war :-x

Scrapper vs Barclaycard (Cabot) Waiting 4 years for CCA. Cabot advised irresolvable :lol:

Scrapper vs Intelligent Finance. Success

Scrapper vs Picture (Webb Resolutions) Success

Beginner's guide

Advice & opinions given by Scrapper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

where does albion fit into this?

why can't you do it direct yourself?

per i'd get a reclaim going for all unlawful fees.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

there are also many things missing from the cca like right to cancel info etc

however, an un-en cca does not make the debt go away

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx

Thanks for the advice. Albion are Sainburys in-house collection people.

I fully understand it doesn't make the debt go away but it goes someway to making them think about what they are doing.

Should I write to them offering the f&f while pointing out that i am fully aware of the flaws in their contract? That might make them have a change of heart

Thanks much appreciated

Scrapper Coco8-)

Scrapper vs Tesco's FOS upheld complaint. Possible court action to get default removed

Scrapper vs Barclaycard (Cabot) Waiting 4 years for CCA. Cabot advised irresolvable :lol:

Beginner's guide

Advice & opinions given by Scrapper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

pers i'd wait for it to be sold to a dca before an f&f

how about reclaiming all those charges etc and p'haps PPI?

dx

and they

Hi DX

Thanks again for your help.

Charges is a defo but didn't have PPI that's why I entered into an arrangement with them cause I lost my job.

What worries me about that is I have managed to keep a clean credit file (exception of Tesco but soon to be resolved) and I don't want Sainburys to destroy my credit file. They are the quickest off the mark when it comes to regisitering late payments etc. They are a nightmare. Even when I could prove I had made the agreed payment in plenty of time from my bank and it was a banking error not mine, they still refused to remove the late marker.

I will let them pass it over then and see what happens. If I'm honest I don't really care what they do. What bothers me is the long winded process of sorting it all out afterwards. Tesco's has taken a very long time to resolve. I even have it in writing they were at fault and it's still took an age.

I'll just wait and see what happens then. Should I cancel my standing order or just keep paying them until they pass it over? They will have to pass it at some point as the arrangement is dead and they aren't prepared to enter into a new one without charging me stupid amounts of interest.

Should I also report them?

What really surprises me is the shear lack of compromise. As they are 50% owned by HBOS who in turn are 50% owned by us I would have thought they would have been more willing to work with us instead of screwing us.

It's time we all stood up and said enough like they do in France.

Thanks

Scrapper Coco 8-)

Edited by Scrapper

Beginner's guide