• Tweets

• I don't think I've ever seen someone appeal a mags court decision on fare evasion, JK, but as you say in this case TiredDodo has pleaded guilty. It is possible to challenge, as below. HB Appeal a magistrates’ court decision: Overview - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK How to challenge a decision by a magistrates' court. Including how to get a fine reviewed, if you did not know about your case, how to appeal to the...  
    • Update! I have now opened the mail from Barclaycard. I am assuming that their letters were prompted by my confirmation to them of my change of address, which I had advised them of twice. They are treating my change of address notification as a "General Data Protection Regulation Right of Access Request"  and state that I have made a "Right of Access Request. They are asking me to provide valid indentity documents! I have made no such request and am minded to ignore their request for extra information? I should add that their letters were sent to my correct current address!
    • Are you allowed to appeal if you plead guilty?   I know you appeal the sentence, but the criminal record formed from your guilt would surely remain?   I'm not sure if your able to appeal a crimianl record if you plead guilty are you?
    • DX: I did not pursue Link after I got the CCJ amended to monthly payments. Pretty sure the CCJ does not mention reviews, I do have the CCJ somewhere, I will have to look it up in storage. It is as mentioned on the thread you referenced  in your post #28. The Barclays loan was taken out in September 2004 for 60 months! Current Balance remaining approx £2K. On checking back my past correspondence with Barclaycard about this loan, there was a history of them ignoring my letters and offers to pay, and I even had problems in obtaining their bank account details for them to accept my payments! I have received strange correspondence from them too, one referring to insurance which I did not have. They seem very disorganised! Barclaycard told me to pay "Masterloan" a while back and I now receive regular statements and arrears notices from "Personal Loans from Barclaycard" clearly marked Masterloan, they changed the account reference number! I have never requested a CCA on this account. I advised them of my change of address last September, but they are still sending, until today, statements etc. to my old address! I have received 2 letters from Barclaycard Loan today though, not opened them yet!!
    • Yes, a few months ago. They wrote back saying there was no CCA and the debt was unenforcable. I then started gtting bombarded with threatening emails from their 'litigations team' which have been sent to spam. I've now recieved the letter before claim with the PAP form enclosed, but still no CCA or even a letter from them to say the debt is deemed enforcable. Thank you.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome upping their game with dca collection

brassed-off-2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4857 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As the title says, Welcome have replied to our SAR request, but in the middle of it (with staple holes) is someone elses :eek::eek: secured loan statement...:shock::shock:

I will be forwarding this onto the said person, and let them know what has happened, with the p/o recorded delivery ref...for thier (poor unsuspecting victim :eek: of breach of data protection:evil::evil:) proof, with letter of explanation enclosed, and cag website address for further help on how to deal with these morons.;)

Going back to my SAR, it does not comply, they have sent only, our most recent Account details (to which i might add looks like a completely new acct number (we have no copys of this aggmnt whatsoever)

I did send yesterday by recorded to them a full list of accts, ppi ins acct numbers etc, just to avoid confussion on their part, that we have held since 2004, to which none of them we have ever had a statement for.... :confused::confused:

The whole kit and caboodle...STINKS !!!!!!:evil::evil::evil::evil:

Sorry just needed to steam off....

B-O-2

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:evil:I had the exact same thing!! I got someone elses full statement along with mine.

I informed the Information commisioner about it and forwarded it off to the other person.

Stewie

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.

Thanks for that Stewie, will also do that too.... all i can say is thank heavens they actually sent it recorded, so there is proof of the address it was actually sent to, no way of wriggling out of their error so to speak. (This was delivered today)

As for the compliance issue with my request, it does not run out untill the end of the month, they have failed to comply in respect of all the past statements,accounts agreements etc, that was clearly requested in the originall letter, and again in yesterdays letter(this i did based on gut instinct, from their standard reply letter, acknowledging recpt of sar letter) as clarification. Am i correct that if they do not respond correctly now by the end of the month, i can then proceed to the next stage ??

Any clarification, help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

b-o-2

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

Thanks PGH7447

will it be a non compliance letter to them, a complaint to ICO, and FSA too?

Sorry still all a bit new to this.

Thanks

B-O-2

When the time is up on the SAR, send them a LETTER BEFORE ACTION stating that the request is incomplete, give them 7 days in which to comply and enclose a copy of the original SAR letter and a copy of the recorded delivery slip...useful links here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/178660-blackheath-loans.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/49571-havinastella-lloyds-tsb-3.html

Just a quick note, I had this too (received someone else's details) I had already reported to Info Commissioners Office for non-compliance of SAR but phoned them to say, now received some details from SAR but not all and had received someone elses info.

Their response was to email/write to them keeping copies stating what's missing (what you think) and that I had received someone's stuff and keeping copies of their response.

Just be prepared you may have a long wait before you are actually contacted by Info Comm Office - I reported them in October 08 but it has still not been assigned to someone!!!

We have a similar situation to Traz, that we originally took a £8k secured loan over 120 months( joint names), back in 2005, with ppi (no ppi, no loan). the ppi only covered 60months, still have all the original copies of loan/ppi. overtime we have renogotiated, the next loan still included ppi, the 3rd, 4th did not think i refused to have it (cant remember). over time the account that has always been in a joint names, somehow only came to be in my husbands name, not sure how this came to be or if it is legal ?(mortgage is in joint names). Our most recent loan was renogotiated back in July 08, have not got any original copies of this one ?? but the full payment figure works out at approx £48.5k..

Each time we have renegotiated we have received a new account number, no annual statements, for us to check anything, although i have requested them on several occassions verbally with branch staff, no closed account statements, basically no paper trail... i have a gut feeling that the ppi has been rolled up into the new loans etc.. . and that this copy of the most recent loan is not actually a true copy ?

The compliance dept returned the most recent loan application, in the SAR, yesterday..(they had upto the 30.03.09 to comply). No other copies/statements of previous accounts.

It is only a poor quality photocopy, writing so small you would not be able to read it if i posted it up..My gut feeling tells me there is something not right with it..fortunately for us i had already responded to their sar acknowledgement letter by recorded, the day before and actually listed all loan numbers to ease their confusion..

1. Do i need to SAR Direct group & Norwich Union ?

2. Could somebody, may be post up a sticky on how to calculate the payments on the loan agreements, so that i might be able to follow how to do this in the simplist way possible (maths never has been my strenght)

3. Would it be advisable to send an acount in dispute letter sooner, rather than wait to see if they comply further to my request, especially with what is now possibly coming to light. ??

Sorry to hi jack this thread, just needed some clarification on next course of action, if that is possible.

Thanks

B-O-2

We have a similar situation to Traz, that we originally took a £8k secured loan over 120 months( joint names), back in 2005, with ppi (no ppi, no loan). the ppi only covered 60months, still have all the original copies of loan/ppi. overtime we have renogotiated, the next loan still included ppi, the 3rd, 4th did not think i refused to have it (cant remember). over time the account that has always been in a joint names, somehow only came to be in my husbands name, not sure how this came to be or if it is legal ?(mortgage is in joint names). Our most recent loan was renogotiated back in July 08, have not got any original copies of this one ?? but the full payment figure works out at approx £48.5k..

Each time we have renegotiated we have received a new account number, no annual statements, for us to check anything, although i have requested them on several occassions verbally with branch staff, no closed account statements, basically no paper trail... i have a gut feeling that the ppi has been rolled up into the new loans etc.. . and that this copy of the most recent loan is not actually a true copy ?

The compliance dept returned the most recent loan application, in the SAR, yesterday..(they had upto the 30.03.09 to comply). No other copies/statements of previous accounts.

It is only a poor quality photocopy, writing so small you would not be able to read it if i posted it up..My gut feeling tells me there is something not right with it..fortunately for us i had already responded to their sar acknowledgement letter by recorded, the day before and actually listed all loan numbers to ease their confusion..

1. Do i need to SAR Direct group & Norwich Union ?

2. Could somebody, may be post up a sticky on how to calculate the payments on the loan agreements, so that i might be able to follow how to do this in the simplist way possible (maths never has been my strenght)

3. Would it be advisable to send an acount in dispute letter sooner, rather than wait to see if they comply further to my request, especially with what is now possibly coming to light. ??

Sorry to hi jack this thread, just needed some clarification on next course of action, if that is possible.

Thanks

B-O-2

something in this post just caught my attention - you say they have only provided you a CCA for this latest agreement? You need to send them a letter telling them their response to your SAR should have enluded ALL paperwork etc that was in your name and therefore ALL CCA's and statements should have been encluded.

Tell them the clock is still ticking and MUST be produced within the 40 day limit. If they do not provide these then account in dispute

B-O-2 you get me PM?

Andi

have pm'd you again, hope it works this time...

thanks b-o-2

b-o-2 - I will get back to you soon just need to get some tea and some jobs done. I haven't forgotten you.

Thanks andi, really appreciate your time, i like you have jobs to do too, so am hovering in and out in between other things.

regards

b-o-2

b-o-2 sent you my thinkings

Andi has anything come through, sorry getting a bit stressed with a bored 3 year old at the moment...

Andi

re: pm you sent me this morning, did you receive my reply ok?

regards b-o-2

They cannot do anything like that without a warrant from a court.

That was my main arguement with them when they turned up at my parents house in December,scaring the life out of them.

They misrepresent their own authority and legal position, they have NO actual power to do anything.....they would have to go to court and get a warrant.

If they imply that they can do what they like,OFT would be interested.

We have paid well over that amount, I had put the account into dispute due to interest being charged on the acceptance fee, been through the figures with a fine tooth comb and still come up with a mystery £117, but if you do Acceptance fee £195 * 15% interest = £29.25 * 4 yrs (48 mths) = £117.00 (surprise surprise), we have just sent this to mr palmer as he wrote to us on friday asking for proof....:-x

We have paid well over that amount, I had put the account into dispute due to interest being charged on the acceptance fee, been through the figures with a fine tooth comb and still come up with a mystery £117, but if you do Acceptance fee £195 * 15% interest = £29.25 * 4 yrs (48 mths) = £117.00 (surprise surprise), we have just sent this to mr palmer as he wrote to us on friday asking for proof....:-x

tell him to get his calculator out - not your case to prove - his case to prove it isn't!!

Don't suppose you have his email address then i can email him the figures and he will get a hard copy through the post... Thanks

only email address i have is [email protected] - you could always phone him and ask him for his direct email - something tells me he wouldn't be willing to give that up lol

anyway just tell him he has all your paperwork and i'm sure with his mathmatical skills he can figure it out - Once youhave disputed something and given them valid reasons - it is their case to prove they've done nothing wrong.

• 5 months later...

Quick question..

Took a secured loan with Welscum in 2005 for 9K, then had various re-writes several times.

Each loan has been recorded on our credit files as a Mortgage and not a secured loan!:mad:

Should it be recorded as a secured loan? or do they class a secured loan as a mortgage at experian??

I do have a letter off welcome made in response to another complaint made through the fos..stating that it is not a mortgage, it is a secured loan...so why have they got it listed as a mortgage with experian??

any assistance greatly received.

b-o-2