• Tweets

• I see the poops are still trying to deflect from their own criminality and and abuses by whinging on about raynors buying her council house - now about election registration - anyone who owns a flat or house understands that you dont give up your and your childrens home just because of a new relationship and while we are on about that ..   lets start with When is jenrick being revisited for both lockdown abuses and self admitted (claims estate is his main home - not the property in his electorate or his london property) 'possible (lol) electoral registration abuses as he claimed he was at his estate 'main home' away from both London and his electoral 'home'  - much of which paid for by the taxpayer     Cabinet Minister Robert Jenrick 'breaks lockdown rules twice' by going to 'second home' - Mirror Online WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK Key Cabinet Minister Robert Jenrick drove 150 miles to his 'second home' after urging the nation to remain in their homes in a bid to...   ... perhaps follow with more self admitted lobbying while in a potion where they shouldn't “A few of us in parliament have lobbied the government – and with the help of the Treasury select committee, the chancellor has listened,” John Baron wrote.   Tory MP faces lobbying questions over Treasury committee role | Investing | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Co-owner of investment management firm called for ‘urgent’ post-Brexit changes to City rules at committee meetings     About time labour got in the game and started pressing for these self admitted/bragged Tory abuses were properly investigates.
    • No I didn't I got the dates mixed up.   
    • Sorry about that, TJ. The person who posted it specifically said it was free access. Here's another version of the FT article. https://archive.is/KYrPa
    • Isnt there some indication in there of at least intent to inform arbuthnot? IF he wasn't then it would seem to be Vennells decision to keep him 'uninformed .. Although seems to me if arbuthnot was unaware - he was either incompetent or should have very detailed records of denials. Seems vennells is constantly at the core of all the lying about all these issues though.
    • Paywalled/subscribe HB I'm unaware of the details on this HB but why is it a potential taxpayer burden? Hasn't a judge already ruled port has rights of access - so shouldn't costs be on the private company (South Tees Development Corporation) trying to change established access?     LIVE: High Court updates as CEO gives evidence in access rights row between STDC and PD Ports - Teesside Live WWW.GAZETTELIVE.CO.UK The face-off between the Teesport operator and Mayor Ben Houchen's South Tees Development Corporation continues in the High Court  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Cant believe fos ....what do we do now ..need help

sugg1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4490 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The Beginning of this thread will explain most of it ,blackhorse first took us to court in 2006 and it has carried on from there.

But now we are stuck regarding the unsigned credit agreement by blackhorse if you read threw you will see that the FOS can`t even work it out.

The last time blackhorse were in court september time the judge wanted to know about the unsigned agreement and gave the next date for november well they never turned up and the judge was not happy so he said he would write to them and tell them they needed to reply to the court by 4th january this year which they did`nt so the case was struck out we have wrote to blackhorse but they have ignored us.

What we want help /advice is where do we go from here as there is a unsigned agreement ,and we want this sorted because blackhorse we are sure will come back again in a couple of years time and start another case against us ,so we want to clear this debt up so we know were we stand IE have it withdrawn/written off ect ,so we aleast know were we stand.

The fact that blackhorse never turned up the last 2 times or even replied to us regarding this make you wonder what they are hiding ,we got a SAR of thm and that included the unsigned agreement

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sugg, apologies, have only just seen your S.O.S. Having a read of your thread to see how I can help.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Sugg, I am trying to get my head round this.

You were taken to court by Blackhorse in 2006 who were trying to repossess you. They dropped the repossession part of the claim advising they just wanted their money in respect of the loan.

However, you discovered that the loan papers had never been signed by Black Horse until the date of the court hearing.

You also attempted a counter claim in respect of PPI where your husband had been denied a claim for a heart problem. Blackhorse having said he couldnt make a claim for 2 years !! Black horse then rolled up the two personal loans and again added PPI, but refused to pay out when hubby was discharged from the army in respect of a heart problem, saying that he had a pre existing condition.

IMHO, on both occasions you were mis sold the PPI and I am not sure how or why you lost the counter claim.

Anyway, the situation is that in respect of the agreement.. enforceablity has not been adjudicated on simply because Black Horse failed to turn up for 2 hearings and the Judge struck the claim out.

You now want to know what steps you can take to prevent Black horse coming back at you for monies.

Are paying any money at all on the agreement. If not, when was the last time you made a payment ? If you are making payments toward the loan, is this under a repayment plan.

Can you please confirm that the above, my understanding of your situation, is correct ??

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

We lost the PPI case as we had signed a demands and needs form at the time of taking the newest loan ,but if i remember correctly (will need to pull out paper work) they had hubby and mine ages around the wrong way.

Yes your correct in respect to the enforceabilty of the loan in that Blackhorse have failed twice to appear in court and now the case has been struck out.

Yes we want to know where we stand in regard to Blackhorse coming back at a later date for monies.

We are not making any payments and have`nt since some time in 2007 or 2008 (will need to check with hubby and also check paperwork)

Edited by sugg1
changed years

We lost the PPI case as we had signed a demands and needs form at the time of taking the newest loan ,but if i remember correctly (will need to pull out paper work) they had hubby and mine ages around the wrong way.

Yes your correct in respect to the enforceabilty of the loan in that Blackhorse have failed twice to appear in court and now the case has been struck out.

Yes we want to know where we stand in regard to Blackhorse coming back at a later date for monies.

We are not making any payments and have`nt since some time i beleive in 2005 or 2006 (will need to check with hubby and also check paperwork)

]

We are not making any payments and have`nt since some time i beleive in 2005 or 2006 (will need to check with hubby and also check paperwork)

Edited by citizenB

I don`t why the last post repeated 6 times.

Also just to confirm CitzenB everything you metion in your last post was correct

S'ok, it happens sometimes. I have merged them all into one post for you.

Please do check your paperwork.. cos if the last time you paid anything toward the account or admitted that you were liable for repalyment was in 2005.. it could possibly be that the account is now statute barred.. and could also be a reason why they did not turn up for the hearings :)

BCOBS

I asked hubby and he said 2007-2008 was the last time payment was made.

I am not at home till later today so will double check paper work ,but hubby is pretty good on remembering roughtly so yea about 2007-begining 2008

Hmm, just because you signed a Demands and Needs form, doesnt confirm that you either understood what you were being told or that you were given the correct information.

I doubt very much whether the switching of your ages would be of any value, other than to demonstrate that the advisor was a bit slack. Did you not question that at the time ?

2007/2008 would not be statute barred. It is 6 years from the last payment/acknowledgment of liability .

It does seem rather odd that having not turned up for court and the Judge striking out their claim, they havent pestered you in anyway. I think they would have a lot of explaining to do as to why they didnt follow through when they had the opportunity.

I think you need to wait for other people to chip in as IMHO, I would say wait until / if they do start mithering you again.. meanwhile make sure you have all your paperwork in order and look around the site for information that will help you.

BCOBS

so your saying just to leave it as it is ?

so not to keep writing to them or take them back to court ,they know there is a unsigned agreement.

what do you think would happen if we did take them back to court would you think we would have a chance of having the debt wiped out and getting any money we have paid back ect

so your saying just to leave it as it is ?

so not to keep writing to them or take them back to court ,they know there is a unsigned agreement.

what do you think would happen if we did take them back to court would you think we would have a chance of having the debt wiped out and getting any money we have paid back ect

LiPs taking court action against a bank is a lottery. Especially in respect of trying to have an agreement declared unenforceable. You only need to read round the forums to discover that. You would need to be absolutely sure of your ground.

In the event that you did go to court, and have the agreement declared unenforceable .. it would not mean that the the court would order the bank to refund any monies that you had already paid on the loan.. unless it was charges or mis sold PPI.

BCOBS

Ok so its safer not to go down the court road so to speak and because Blackhorse have not come back to us leave it.

You mention about charges can we claim for them still ,not sure.

It just make me mad that Blackhorse will still get all monies back as this loan is secured on the house and if we sell they get paid off either way and like i have read in "order for the contract to be legally binding,it must be signed by both parties"

so it just seems to be they can get away with anything

It may not be unenforceable but can be improperly executed and the court will need to decide what remedy to offer to the debtor, maybe to strip the creditor of any rights to charge interest or fees during the period of non-compliance, i.e. until they signed it or to make it unenforceable. Under a (fairly recent) EU case, the court has a duty to apply any unfair terms it considers may apply to the agreement.

CCA 1974 c.39

61 Signing of agreement

(1) A regulated agreement is not properly executed unless

(a) a document in the prescribed form itself containing all the prescribed

terms and conforming to regulations under section 60(1) is signed in the

prescribed manner both by the debtor or hirer and by or on behalf of the

creditor or owner,

and

EU case ....

In the event that Blackhorse do return for a 2nd innings, then it looks to me as though the above information would stand you in good stead. It might not convince the judge to declare the agreement unenforceable but it might persuade him that the agreement only became binding on the date BH signed it.. which appears not to have been until at least 2 or 3 years afterwards. How that would help.. I simply have no idea.

Ok so its safer not to go down the court road so to speak and because Blackhorse have not come back to us leave it.

You mention about charges can we claim for them still ,not sure.

It just make me mad that Blackhorse will still get all monies back as this loan is secured on the house and if we sell they get paid off either way and like i have read in "order for the contract to be legally binding,it must be signed by both parties"

so it just seems to be they can get away with anything

If there have been charges for late or non payment added to the loan, then you CAN claim them back.

Erm, you did not previously say this loan was a secured loan !! You do need to make very sure that interest and charges are not being racked up on this if you are not making any payments.

This makes it even more puzzling that they didnt turn up in court.

You really do need to seek some professional advice I think..

What I am advising is that unless you know exactly what you are doing and are able to hold your own in court as LiPs, then you shouldnt be taking BlackHorse to court as claimants. IMHO, it appears as though it would be better for you to be defending, where they need to be proving their claim. They obviously have a worry over something else they would surely have attended court for the last 2 hearings or attempted to have the strike out set aside.. but they didnt.. Why ?

Perhaps you need to revist the information you received by way of the Subject Access Request.

BCOBS

I think we are going to take a trip to the CAB ,we went to a solictor last year about the unsigned agreement and all he was interested in was explaining about what a repo was, cost us nearly 1000 pound money which we never had as we are both disabled and unable to work and that has put us off solictors.

omg yes there has been loads of returned dd,late payment charges ect added to the account ..couldd you let me know what steps i need to take to get that happening ,as Blackhorse have completey ignored are last 2 letters to them this year, well completey ignoring us FULL STOP.

Yes we beleive that they are worried about something as well as we don`t understand why they never turned up to last court date or replied and defended there case to the judge.

blackhorse did`nt sign the agreement like you say untill 2-3 years after the loan was started as i metioned the friday before the court case ,but they put the day we were in the local office,but in the court hearing the head of the local office who said she took us for the loan on the day (who we had not met before) said she did`nt know whos signature it was as they were not signed in front of the customer or in the local office anymore ,but sent to their edinburgh ,but again we found out in the court hearing that the paper work was not sent from the local office until 10pm that night so it could not have been signed on that day.

The fos even said they knew it was not signed on that day but could not tell when it had been signed

You would need to have all your statements in order to see what charges have been applied. You would then complete a spreadsheet which you can find in the library, the link is at the top of each page, then you would write to the creditor asking for them back :)

BCOBS

OMG this morning we were looking threw the SAR from blackhorse and we came across some paperwork from a law cost firm that blackhorse used and this law cost firm told them 5 months before the court case regarding repossion that we would claim for mis-sold ppi and for a defective orginal credit agreement ,blackhorse were told to cut us a deal and drop the case.

How the hell this company knew 5 months in advance is beyond us ,we had never mentioned mis-sold ppi before the case and never even brought up about the unsigned agreement untill a year later.

it does seem to look as if this law cost firm and blackhorse knew that there was things wrong with the ppi and the credit agreement,also we realised today that we recieved the SAR end of oct 2010 and then in November they don`t show up in court and there is paperwork in the SAR to show they knew about the November court date/time ,don`t reply to the court in January and totally ignore the two letters we have sent them this year, makes you wonder why they are now hiding now we have the SAR.

ooer, that sounds promising. I am just guessing here, but it is likely that with all the media coverage regarding PPI around the time you say the Law firm were consulted, that they recognised there was something wrong with the way in which the loan was set up. Their advice is obviously based on what could happen in the event that you knew what you were doing and would possibly counterclaim.

As I say, this is just a guess on my part you really need some advice from someone with more knowledge/experience. I will flag the post above for the site team and also send some S.O.S's for you.

BCOBS

Is this 'Vexatious Litigation' where they have brought about the action regardless of its merits, solely to harass or subdue an adversary. They knew they never had a case a solicitor told them.

My Doctor says that I don't suffer from Paranoia

But I know what he's really thinking !!!

• 4 months later...

another update ,a couple of weeks ago we had a letter from Blackhorse offering us back our PPI money from the account which they took us to court for.

We have not accepted it as we still have the problem with the unsigned agreement and we feel that if we accepted the money we would then be bound by the T&C of the unsigned agreement.

We have also had a letter from them going on about the PPI and again not anything about the agreement ,they will just not mention in their letters about the agreement full stop.

What was the outcome of the court case originally? Would the PPI repay any monies outstanding, have they given you a breakdown ?

BCOBS

we lost the PPI case but the judge refused to allow blackhorse repossion of the house or for us to pay the £4,000 court fees that BH wanted us to pay with 28 days and referred us back to the district judge.

we went back to the district judge and said about the unsigned agreement and the first time blackhorse wanted payment of £50 amonth the judge refused this because of the unsigned agreement and BL were told to come back a later date ,so went back again a couple of months later and the BL solictor was a diffrent one and said he knew nothing of the unsigned agreement ,so again was told to come back at a later date ,well this time BL never turned up so the judge said he would write to them and say they had to a certian date to reply with there defence or the case would be thrown out,well they never replied to the court so it was thrown out and now when we contact them via letter they either don`t reply or if they do its only about PPI and not the agreement its self ,no payments are being made and no interest being added.

There was never any mention of the PPI being paid back to us.

Right, so the case has been dismissed by the Judge. Presumably that means no further action can be taken on this. However, I would say that you are still entitled to receive your PPI refund. I will try and find some help for you. :)

BCOBS