• Tweets

• This is what I do not understand It was for a data sim card where EE took £20 in advance for 20gb of data each month on a month by month rolling contract and once I had used the data it would switch off so impossible to use any more than I had already paid for. If I wanted to carry on using it i would have to log on and pay another £20.   I used the service for a few months and then did not renew the contract and heard no more    My bank account was used for ID purposes only and was my main bank account with all my wages and d/d and held for 7 years plus, no insurance was taken out and no other accounts opened.   This is my point EE have listed this and has no connected with the data they have entered        
    • I am aware of this treatment. Field Debt Solutions approached me at my door claiming to have a warrant of entry, (one of many lies they used) they KNEW I was classed as vulnerable prior to the visit. This was (later found out by The Ombudsman) allegedly to install a pre payment meter (They know I can not use one). Long story short: I was threatened with criminal damage, the police and them not moving till I let them in. They stated they had a warrant, they did not. One FDS employee was waving a crowbar and smiling, the other was basically terrorising me through the window. I complained to EON and all that they did was lie further, covered up their behaviours After contacting the OMBUDSMAN all the truth came out. I am totally disgusted with the way this company operate. I am equally disgusted that the Ombudsman ere not taking any of the FDS Employees behaviours into account (yet all my claims were upheld) this feels like this section of the whole process is left wide open and that's why this is happening imho. The Ombudsman made me feel like they work for EON, (when it came to the consideration of the employees from FDS, they seemed immune to scrutiny) a very confusing and shocking experience when the penny drooped. I have looked at CISA (?) whom are some sort of organisation who debt collection agencies register with (no idea what for) anyway, FDS are not registered, I can not find them anywhere, they are like some sort of enigma and this is where i am thinking how they are protecting themselves from scrutiny and people gaining remedy from them. I also witnessed a EON employee telling me that "FDS do not have to answer anyone," they would not give me any way of complaining directly to them as is the Gov's advice before A Small Claims Tract. I am just making sure now that I record all my efforts to do what I can to give a chance for FDS to attempt to put right what they did to me. I have witnesses and I intend to take them to court. EON has damned them and all the info they provided shows how messed up and disgusting they are, I seriously have witnessed staff laughing at me on the phone when I am trying to tell them what happened. I t seems if you do not pay a bill (in my case this was out of my hands) Then your deserving of what seems to me an inside laugh as the know how we (the vulnerable) get treated when FDS turn up, yes, very much felt this and challenged one employee once.. I have spoken to a Solicitor and they are happy  to do something for me over this. Also the police were phoned by myself even though they threatened me with police "To Help Them Take My DOOR OF ITS HINGES" The police did turn up, they told me that they rarely ever turn up for these idiots as the FDS and others attempt to use the police through bull crapping them. They also said go through a few hoops and if your not happy come back to them, I have a mobile number as they said that a crime number would come after I have exhausted the other moves. They do not like these Debt People one bit, that was comforting. Sorry if this is a little all over but it was all over complexed (I can see why now) but  just wanted to share my experiences and I will be happy to share further if anyone needs to know. I am still wondering what to do but one thing is for sure, I will not be going away, EVER! good luck
    • what does it say if the claimant fails please?
    • Thanks for the feedback.  We have a professional surveyor friend who is willing to give an opinion, and once done as you say, there's no reason not to inform insurers. And as Eric's brother says, that will also give us, hopefully, a more specific discussion with neighbours. No, we can't view the neighbour's roofing from where we are, and neither can they as it's under their conservatory (we always thought it was a bad move on their part to cover felting with a conservatory!) Interesting that council have enforcement powers, hadn't realised that.  I've also had a builder advise, without visiting the site, that the dividing wall (which may be double-skinned) should have waterproof capping, which it doesn't; so maybe a simple solution is to install that across top of both sides.  Anyway, some next steps for us to take so thanks again.
    • un-en doesn't mean its written off but SB'd passing does.. and no why should you get the money??   they are notional charges that weren't paid by you anyway in the 1st place as there is was outstanding balance greater than the refund.
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
Generalbear

Interview Under caution and ESA

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3557 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all i have been claiming esa for a couple of years, due to a long term in curable illness. I have never had any problems, and despite the benefit life is still a struggle. Yet today i recieve a letter stating that i must attend an interview undercaution, to discuss a possible criminal matter.

Utterly shocked, i rang the relevant number on the letter.

I was informed that i was under suspicion of benefit fraud due to payments coming from my employer each month.

Whilst i do get a payment, the money is from Health insurance i took out and paid up before getting ill. Surely this cannot be fraud. I am always declared that money, but i dont think it counts as income does it?

I am worried now as the letter seems to imply that i could be imprisoned for this.

I have a partner who is a full time mum to our 2 children, because of my illness ( i was in a very well paid job) i lost my home, and everything and am gradually paying but a myriad of debts back and life is a struggle now seemingly they want to put me in prison i dont know what to do!

Hi General

Welcome to CAG

Thing sometimes seem a lot worse then they actually are. The guys here will assist shortly.

Hello and welcome to CAG and the forum. I don't see any reason why you shouldn't receive ESA and insurance benefits. That's what happened to me although I was on IB, so you might need to double-check the rules. But as I don't completely understand ESA, which type are you on please?

What I don't quite understand [and the answer could be very simple] is why you took out cover and the payments are coming from your employer.

Please tell us more and we'll try to help.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

The very question I would like an answer to - I am in the same position.

Hello and welcome to CAG and the forum. I don't see any reason why you shouldn't receive ESA and insurance benefits. That's what happened to me although I was on IB, so you might need to double-check the rules. But as I don't completely understand ESA, which type are you on please?

What I don't quite understand [and the answer could be very simple] is why you took out cover and the payments are coming from your employer.

Please tell us more and we'll try to help.

HB

I am on Income related ESA

My health insurance is partially paid for by my employer but i enchanced the cover right be fore i got ill (luckily!) Therefore the money is paid to my employer as they technically hold the policy. They then forward it to me after tax.

Therefore i cannot see why i need to be interviewed under caution, and accused of fraud. Does this count as earning from an employer as technically this is niether an earning nor from the employer

If it helps, I've never told ESA about this pension I get, however, I have told the tax man that I get both and the guy I spoke to said there was nothing wrong with this so long as all the tax was straight. I've just had my tax code changed to the ordinary single persons allowance of 647L right down to 144L, but in the next breath they say not to worry about owing them anything they will check again at the end of the tax year? I can only wait for my pension to arrive to see what happens!

If I were called for an interview under caution I don't think I'd worry. I can honestly say I told someone, an important someone, the tax man!

Maybe someone will pop along who can help us both!

If I were called for an interview under caution I don't think I'd worry. I can honestly say I told someone, an important someone, the tax man!

But that is not what you have agreed to do when you made your claim.

http://www.disabilityalliance.org/esa1.pdf

See part 24 (page 50)

Have a read through ALL of the declaration that you will have either signed or agreed to over the phone when you made your claim.

If it helps, I've never told ESA about this pension I get, however, I have told the tax man that I get both and the guy I spoke to said there was nothing wrong with this so long as all the tax was straight. I've just had my tax code changed to the ordinary single persons allowance of 647L right down to 144L, but in the next breath they say not to worry about owing them anything they will check again at the end of the tax year? I can only wait for my pension to arrive to see what happens!

Maybe someone will pop along who can help us both!

Telling HMRC is absolutely not sufficient. Things could be fine from their point of view, but the DWP has different rules.

Occupational pension income is taken into account when your ESA is calculated. Precisely how it is taken into account depends on the type of ESA (income related or contributory), but you do need to tell them so they can work out your entitlement correctly and avoid overpayments.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Hi guys. I don't know if this will help or not. I'm a bit confused about which sort of employer's benefit we're talking about, but a sickness policy [Permanent Disability, Permanent Health, Income Replacement etc] has an offset for State sickness benefits built in. They assume a claimant will be paid that and reduce the benefit accordingly.

Please can you tell us what percentage of salary you receive from the insurer and whether they have made an offset for State benefits which is what I would expect?

My best, HB

PS When I was claiming PHI and IB, it wasn't a problem, although I accept the system has changed. I assume you mean an income replacement type insurance and not private medical insurance like BUPA, say.

Yeah chaps, that's right what Honeybee says - when you get one of these salary replacement things, it categorically states "you will recieve £xxx LESS the current high rate of ESA whether or not you get it!". And sure enough they deduct £96 a week from it.

Now I recall, I did actually tell someone at the Job Centre that I was getting this, it was the Pathways Interview I went to in the summer, when I had just won the battle to get the scheme in the first place. I saw her log it all down, and we had a little chat about these policies generally, and I recall her saying I was lucky to qualify for it because several of her "clients" had been unable to get anywhere with the companies.

I assume now that because my Tax Code has been altered so drastically, all is well, Tax guy said the ESA was taxable, all lumped together with the pension apparently. I also understand I need to keep on the ESA to get my NI stamp?

It's all a bit of a nightmare to me as I've worked for 32 years straight through without any break at all - never claimed a benefit in my life. I know I've had months where I've had to pay more tax and Ni than I've actually taken home, so I'm not going to feel bad about claiming what I am entitled to - I think I've done my share for the common pot so to speak. And its made me blooming ill as well.

Oh yes, when I signed up for the ESA at the beginning I did not receive this pension, and I wasn't aware of it either.

Hi J&W. I'm not sure what you mean by 'pension'. In my experience, pension is only State or occupational pension, not what you call a salary replacement insurance. But yes, ESA and IB before it are taxable, and yes I think you still get your 'stamp' paid to protect your State pension at age 60-something.

HB x

Edited by honeybee13
typo.

As far as I know, if you are on income based ESA then yes, the money from your employer does count as income, and your benefit will be reduced to take account of it.

If you are on contribution based ESA then the insurance does not affect the ESA.

I was informed that i was under suspicion of benefit fraud due to payments coming from my employer each month

Hi Generalbear, Do the DWP have your bank statements that show these payments?

i have no idea weather r not they have bank statemnts they havent said