Bank of Ireland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3927 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would love some advice. Living in australia, i was aware that i still had an outstanding credit card debt to bank of ireland at home. I had paid off my student loan with them 2 years ahead of schedule and then work started to slow down etc. I contacted BOI with my australian contact details in order to open up a line of communication rather than bury my head in the sand. Cut a long story short, with further failure on my part to meet repayments, they referred it to a USA based agency called Global Adjusters - anyone dealt with them?? I was making payments to them via my visa debit card and kept in constant communication with them. There were a couple of months that i couldnt pay and they were fine about it, they just said pay next month. Now i have moved back to the uk for family reasons and am out of work and due to the short notice of returning have almost no money, certainly no savings. Now someone else (not the person i usually deal with) has been sending me the rudest emails and asking me how i afforded to go back to the uk (flight was paid for by family due to an emergency). Absolute [email protected]$ks! He pushed the wrong persons buttons and i replied quite 'directly' shall we say?

I have always intended to pay my debt and still do - for the satisfaction of getting those people of my back and also because i have grown up now and want to be responsible and have integrity with money but these people are real ar!$*^holes and i would love to know where i stand with them? I am expecting a lump sum of money from australia in the next 6-8 weeks, can i pay BOI directly or is that it? What happens to my credit rating...or is that a stupid question?? What are my rights with these people given that they are US based and i now live in the UK. I figure the reason they are being so rude to me is because they have no other weight behind them?

THANKS FOR THE HELP PEEPS!!

The guy that i mentioned dealing with from that agency has emailed me to let me know that he has seen my post on this forum. This is pure intimidation to spy on my web activity. I am lodging a formal complaint against them.

Contact the BOI direct & see if you can come to some arrangement, the Oz debt collector will be snotty because he won't be getting any commission. ;)

As for your credit file it depends, if the a/c was in the ROI they cannot mark your UK credit file likewise the Oz file.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT