Tyramhall

Hotpoint electric cooker

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3573 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everybody

i purchased a hotpoint built in electric oven from currys online. It arrived today. The installers removed my old cooker and wired up my new one.

After them being here for 10 mins i was asked to come into the kitchen for a quick demonstration. After showing me the basic functions he then asked why had i bought an in built cooker when in actual fact i should have bought a built under cooker instead?

I confirmed that i thought i was buying the correct oven but obviously not! He said not to worry about it and that i should try it for a few days to see if i might change my mind. He even stated that i would be ok to use the cooker even if i decided to change my mind and ask to change it.

After he left i had a good luck at it and it was clear i had purchased the wrong oven as when the main door opens it touches the floor!

I telephoned currys straight away and the lady i spoke to said there would be no problem about an exchange and even took details of the correct oven. I asked the question about using the oven and she said that was fine. She finished off the call by saying head office would ring me to sort everything out.

By 5pm nobody had rang so i telephoned head office myself. They had it on record that i had rang earlier. I explained everything that had happened and he said he would need to speak to his manager.

He rang me back shortly afterwards saying that as the cooker had been wired up no refund or exchange would be offered. I explained that i didnt know i had bought the wrong oven and if the installer knew it was wrong then why did he still install it? He said that was company policy that if it was wired then that is their stance.

Basically i have a £550 cooker that doesnt fit properly sat in my kitchen that cant be used properly.

Any help with this matter would be much appreciated!

Paul

hi, this is ridiculous, you should ring back again and 'escalate' the matter. let us know how you get along