GreatWonder

Company sending financial statements to an unverified address - data protection issue?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3575 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

To cut a long story short,

I moved address end of August this year, all my credit card companies / banking accounts were happy to accept change of address via their website / online facility. Excepting 1 company whom would only accept COA in writing.

Duly sent letter confirming new address and have since received statements at my new address.

I have in the last few days requested further finance from this company and only during a telephone conversation this evening discovered that they did not receive, or more likely did not correctly process my change of address.

This meant they were not willing to offer further finance products to my new address as according to them it is still unverified.

I have, however been receiving postal statements with personal financial information from this company to my new address. I am dealing with them and sending for a second time the requested confirmation, but surely if they are saying my new address in unverified, they should not have been sending personal information to an unverified address?

Can anyone with any knowledge on this advise if they have been contravening the Data Protection Act by sending statements to an address they consider as unconfirmed, as I am due to send them a harsh e-mail in the morning with regard to this.

Edited by GreatWonder

moved tot he dpa forum

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)