Another Deposit Issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3930 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently moved from a property having been a tenant since July 2007. My deposit is protected but landlord is now saying I have to pay for a new carpet in the living room. The carpet was new when I moved in but now has a couple of small holes caused by a broken spring on a sofa and a burn.

I dont feel I should have to pay but not an expert on this subject so would appreciate some more knowledgeable views

Thanks

I recently moved from a property having been a tenant since July 2007. My deposit is protected but landlord is now saying I have to pay for a new carpet in the living room. The carpet was new when I moved in but now has a couple of small holes caused by a broken spring on a sofa and a burn.

I dont feel I should have to pay but not an expert on this subject so would appreciate some more knowledgeable views

Thanks

From what you describe I dont think theres any question that you have to pay towards the carpet, you have put holes in it and burnt it! The question will be how much?

Is your depsoit one that should have been protected? If so has it been? If it has, then you need t use the scheme arbitration procedure.

If not and it should have been, you need to ask your LL to protect it OR take them to court for not protecting it.

If it doesnt have to be, then you will have to agree the correct amount to deduct with your LL if you cant, then you must take him to court.