kymberleyyy1989

TRITON CREDIT SERVICES. I'm a student- help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3567 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

i have/had a tesco credit card with a limit of 250, over the summer i missed some payments, when i recieved a student loan in september, i made a payment of £20 as i wasnt far over my credit limit- just hadnt adherred to the percent of min payment, my mum visited me today with the post for the last month and i had a letter from TRITON for £291. panic set in and i rang the lady who asked about my home situation and whether there was anyone i could ask for it along with alot of details. i have a part time job now and could afford £50 a month to pay it off, she didnt accept this and told me they would take me to court as this is the 5th letter they've sent- i dont believe this, asked me what i was studying, if it was anything in finance because i'd never get a job with a CCJ, luckily i'm studying fine art.. but still.

is there anything i can do?! i don't have £300 in my bank to just give them.

Kimberleyyy1989..............Triton are the debt collecting arm of Natwest/Rbs ........Tesco use Rbs to run their credit card services,various things you can do,I think your best shot is to pay them a regular amount you can afford,repeat can afford explain your situation to them,ask for an interest freeze,but keep up the regular affordable payments.no matter what.............Do not phone them Do not accept phone calls from them,tell them you will only deal with this matter in writing...the threat of CCJ and Finance employment is unacceptable how ever as it was on the phone difficult to prove.............When did you take out the credit card/was it an online application????????????is their any PPI involved,we can look at you claiming back unfair charges,however write them first with your payment................A thought who do you bank with,if its Tesco Natwest or Rbs get a new bank account quickly?????????????......good luck FS

Can you afford to bring the account down under your credit limit, also allowing for the next addition of interest. That should get them off your back. I really do not think they would bother with a CCJ for such a (relatively) small amount. As already advised, do not speak with them on the phone they (allegedly) tell you all the lies they can think of to frighten you into making a payment.

When was this card taken out?

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

card was taken out when i was 18, so about 3-5 years ago. not sure of the exact date. i asked triton if i could still deal with tesco directly and bring credit limit down, she said tesco will no longer deal with me and i have to pay the full outstanding balance. i only moved to leeds in september and always open my mail, so i dont think they have sent me 5 letters, i would have taken action before it got to this point. i dont have payment protection either.

just not sure what the next step to take is, i said i couldnt afford to pay 291 in one go, i have a part time job which pays about 100 a week which is what i live off. she told me if i couldnt afford a credit card then i shouldnt have taken one out. they dont hold back do they.

Which is why you NEVER speak to the phone drones EVER!!

Keep EVERYTHING in writing only. This way then they are less likely to bully you.

Send Triton this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?493-Harassment-by-telephone-response-letter And DO NOT speak to them on the phone again.

Are there any fees they have been charging you on the card that you can claim back?

I would ONLY pay them what I could comfortably and realistically afford, nothing more, so to pay them half of your income each week is out of the question, it matters not that they refuse your offers, they don't need to accept them, your the one in the driving seat not them,, so YOU TELL them what YOU will pay, NOT the other way round.

I take it you have their bank details, if so set up a standing order NOT a direct debit and pay a realistic amount to them each week/month, NOT £50!!

IMO I would probably start at around £10 a week, and if they kick up a fuss, knock a quid off each time they complain that it is not enough, they WILL NOT take you to court IF you are paying something, simply because when a Judge looks at your finances he will either tell them to accept what you are offering, OR tell them for the foolishness and greed you will only pay £1 a month.!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Give the application dates, you could send a CCA Request:

Send them a CCA request to see if they are entitled to collect this debt & if it's enforcable. If they fail to provide it within 12+2 days or the CCA is unenforcable you can legally withold any payment until they do. Send it recorded delivery enclosing a £1 postal order. When you get a reply, scan it & remove any identifying details and post it back here where we can have a look at it. We'll advise you from there;

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:- Account No: XXXXXXXX/Your Reference Number: XXXXXXX

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77 will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Tradinglink3.gif Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

If you intend to send a reconstituted copy of the CCA you must declare the reason why it has been reconstituted and if the original exists and in what form (microfiche) etc

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

(Optional)

You should also note that I will only discuss this matter in writing and should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you or any of your associates.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance. (Optional)

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully **Edit to suit**

Print name do not signlink3.gif

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

You have had some very good advice,still one, question who do you bank with???????????important...........FS

i will print out that letter and send it first thing tomorrow morning. so helpful!

i bank with barclays, does this matter?

OK,Barclays I was just concerned that your bank account was with RBS/Natwest/Tesco as they can raid your bank account to pay another debt within their own banking group............Barclays is fine in your current situation............yes get the letter off.................FS