Problems with Pheonix/Fredrickson International, can anyone help?

xxdeexx
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4908 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'll start at the beginning i had a catalogue with littlewoods some years ago at a guess i think it was around about 2005 i got into to debt with it through no fault of my own, to cut a long story short had to give up work due to not having a babysitter anymore.

Anyway i moved house and yes in one way it was to do the same as what a lot of other people do which is to run away and pretend those debts aren't there anymore.

Well those debts caught up with me and even though it took me a couple of years to pay them off i managed it but this littlewoods one is really giving me a headache.

The first debt company to chase me for this was Capquest and because i have never denied this being my debt i agreed to pay them each month my 1st payment being March 2006 at this point the opening balance was £935.81 and i continued to pay them right up until november 2007 by this time the debt was standing at £303. I stopped paying them because out of the blue i had a letter from buchananclark + wells stating that the debt had been sold onto Pheonix Recoveries at first i thought it was a [problem] because the letter started out by saying "As you have already been advised by Littlewoods Finance Company Ltd" i hadn't had any contact from them at all.

A few days passed and i thought well i'll phone and check this out so after numerous phone calls to Capquest, Littlewoods and Pheonix it turned out that indeed they had brought the debt way back in March2007 but they didn't bother contacting me until late October 2007 as far as i can remember nobody could give me an explanation as to why it had taken so long.

What was really getting to me though was that the opening balance with Pheonix was not £303 but £560 so obviously my payments between March and November 2007 were not passed from Capquest to Pheonix, but needless to say i paid them and continued to do so until i moved house again (not to run away from debts but more ideal accommodation).

Pheonix caught up with me again this time it was through there other sister company Fredrickson Interenational Ltd, by this point i have desided that enough is enough and they are not going to get extra money out of me that i paid to Capquest, so i contacted Capquest for a full statement of payments that i made to them which i finally received after a letter,2 emails and a very angry phone call( in total 4 weeks)

I emailed this statement to the bcw group, which is what i was told over the phone that i could do this and it would be dealt this was sent 20th of this month, today i got another letter not from fredrickson but from Bryan Carter solicitors who are acting on behalf of fredrickson basically telling me i have 14 days to pay or they take me to court, so i made yet another phone call to them explaining that i had sent the email with the statement attached to then have it explained to me that they cannot accepted attachments through there website contact anymore.

Up until now i have only had contact from these company's through letter form and now just as i was typing this after reading about numerous people being harrassed by phone calls what do i receive but a phone call from Fredrickson and to press number 1 to confirm that i was the stated person instead i just hung up.

I honestly don't know where to go from here any help that anybody can give me will be gratefully appreciated.

I was informed by the person i spoke to at Fredrickson's to post the statements to them, so i do this and see where it goes from there?

Sorry the thread is so long but as you can see it's not been a short journey with this debt

Guest Cartaphilus

I am going to subscribe here as well (I read something rather interesting about Phoenix here recently but I will keep that to myself for now :)) Though I have to say your record keeping of events is very good going back all that time. Compliment BTW.

Edited by Cartaphilus

Well it look's like my problem is unique seeing as i haven't had any replies lol

I think i will send a copy of the statement of payments to pheonix,fredricksons and bryan carter that way i am covering myself and i will be sending them by recorded delivery, that way they can't say they haven't received them.

Btw i know this isn't the section for this but i checked my credit score and according to that i only have 3 showing on there one being this annoying debt the other 2 being an overdraft (which i am still currently trying to get out off) and a credit card that is paid off, what i was wondering though i know i had rent arrears, would this show up on the credit scoring? if i was still being chased for it

I am going to subscribe here as well (I read something rather interesting about Phoenix here recently but I will keep that to myself for now :)) Though I have to say your record keeping of events is very good going back all that time. Compliment BTW.

I tend to keep as many letter's as i can from these debt companies because everytime i have to contact them i write everything down on that letter, not only that when you annoyed with how you are being treated by a company you tend to remember most things about what's happened

well just an update i have sent the statements of the payments i made to capquest to fredricksons and bryan carter, tried to find address for pheonix but with no joy so now it's just gonna be a waiting game i suppose.

I basically told fredricksons that they need to chase capquest for the money i paid to them and not to chase me.

If this fails then i suupose the only course of action is CAB seeing as nobody on here seems to be able to help me in any kind of way

There’s no real address for Phoenix, other than an office front in Luxembourg. They operate generally (though not always) out of a division of Fredricksons.

Let’s see what they come back with. Hopefully, Carter will disappear, as usual.

Have you checked your credit file to make sure they’re not trashing it illegally?

i checked with just one credit agency at the moment and has a default next to it which would be right because since they got back in touch with me a few months ago i haven't paid them any money.

I don't see why i should when i paid money to capquest from March 2007 up until november 2007 even though it had been brought by Pheonix.

Am i right in thinking that all 3 company's have acted illegally in some form or another with Littlewoods not informing me that they had sold the account onto Pheonix, Pheonix for not informing me straight away that they had brought the account and Capquest still receiving payments for an account that they did not hold anymore.

What is the balance on the statement?

Sorry that you feel your questions haven't been answered promptly. This rarely happens on CAG.

If you feel 'lost' again click on the triangle at the bottom of your post and ask the site team for help :)

i checked with just one credit agency at the moment and has a default next to it which would be right because since they got back in touch with me a few months ago i haven't paid them any money.

I don't see why i should when i paid money to capquest from March 2007 up until november 2007 even though it had been brought by Pheonix.

Am i right in thinking that all 3 company's have acted illegally in some form or another with Littlewoods not informing me that they had sold the account onto Pheonix, Pheonix for not informing me straight away that they had brought the account and Capquest still receiving payments for an account that they did not hold anymore.

My feeling is that you need to SAR the OC and go from there...

you say to SAR the OC would that be littlewoods?

As for the balance babybear when i finally found out that it wasn't with Capquest anymore it was £303 but when Pheonix got in touch with me it was £560, when i made the last payment to pheonix it was£280 and then when they got back in touch with me in October of this year it had gone up to £319.19

Well last time i spoke to Littlewoods when they sold the account on they informed they had not received any money from Capquest since april 2007 which means that even though i made payments to them in May,June,July,August,September,October and then the last one being the 1st November they never sent any of these payments onto Littlewoods the reason being and i'm just having a stab in the dark here is because they didn't hold the account anymore Pheonix did.

I did try and speak to Littlewoods a few weeks ago and they informed me that they had nothing to do with the account anymore, can i still SAR them?

Thank you for replying to me I will get the SAR and the CCA done today, just hope i can get the printer to work. Can i do it in normal handwriting form if my printer doesn't work as long as i don't sign them.

I have this funny feeling that when i contacted them for a statement of the payments i made to them that i signed the letter (this was before i joined this site and found out to never sign things and to just print my name)

• 2 weeks later...

Well just a quick update for you guys, i got a letter this morning from Fredricksons after they received the statement stating

We refer to your recent communication.

Please note that we are no longer instructed in connection with this matter and have returned the account to our client.(Pheonix Recoveries)

My question is will this be the end of it or does this just mean we are passing it back so as it can be sold onto another debt company?

No doubt the latter of the two, if anyone can give me some insight into what may happen now i would be grateful

I never sent either of those things i just sent both the statement from capquest and the statement from themselves proving that i owed them nothing, in fact if you were to work it out they actually owe me money lol

I think if i get anymore communication from another debt company then i will both of these things