Mis-Sold Car from main Ford dealer - Opinions Please

Yahoo1066
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4916 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - Wondering what your thoughts are on this and if I should just take it on the chin and know better next time or if I push it what a realistic outcome maybe - will try and keep it short.

Main ford dealer, had a 2007 2.0tdci mondeo 50k that did 50mpg for my daily motorway commute (did the journey for years).

Wanted something newer with warranty so struck a deal with dealer for a 2008 1.8 tdci including warranty. Car is the 'econetic' model which is supposed to be the most fuel efficient and it was sold to me on this basis "should get a bit more mpg than your old one" - salesman. Ford quote 53mpg combined and 62mpg urban extra - so thought great so long as I get 50mpg or more I'm happy.

Asked about the specifics of the warranty and what was covered and was told " easier to say what isnt covered - just your consumables like tyres/batteries/exhaust etc" - so just like an extension of the standard 3 year guarantee "Yes" Im told.

Picked the car up on the 26th Oct - does 200 miles in the first 48 hours and it looks like the car is doing about 42 mpg - filled the car up with fuel, did some maths and my figures seem to be right.

Got it straight back to Ford to be told that sounds about right? explained why I bought the car, what basis it was sold on and that a car that now costs an extra £15 ish a week to fill up for the same mileage is not on. Did the tests in the workshop on the car and they say its fine.

Complained to the sales manager who also said I have a similar car and get 650ish miles from the tank - simialr driving to yours (15 gallon tank) so again only low 40's on the mpg. I stated at this point its been mis-sold so I dont want it if it wont get anywhere near the expected mpg of 50.

Its now booked in for a Ford Economy check where they evaluate your driving over a week via computer and also they want 3 full - empty tanks along with mileage to calculate exact mpg.

Also got the warranty details - another mis-sell - mechanical / electrical is covered except the ' optional Media Pack' as the car has built in bluetooth / voicecontrol this is now only covered until the end of the original warranty....arrrrhh.

Have been on the ford forums and the mpg issue is common so I know the car wont get any better. (should have gone on there before I bought the car!!)

I also have my first three services free so would like a good relationship with them.

Any thoughts would be appreciated- I know they are in the wrong but whats the chances of getting anywhere?

Thanks

Dont know if you will get anywhere with returning the car. but I can vouch for the mileage I have a 2008 focus 1.8Tdi had it from new and cant get it anywhere near what Ford say. Best I ever got after setting the mileage and taking it real steady on a trip to Devon was 47 MPG

my on-board comp reads between 35 and 39 MPG.

I dont know how you could get anywhere near 53 combined or 62MPG urban cause I don't thrash it.

The 16TDCi was a Peugeot/Citroën engine. However so is the 2.0TDCi the 1.8 and the older 2.0 were fords own lump. Regarding my MPG I do tend to have the air con on most of the time8-)8-)

Edited by esmerobbo

Hi, well I've calmed down a bit so am going to see exactly how the mpg works out over the next few weeks along with the results of a Ford Economy check.

Reckon I will be £10-£15 a week worse off on extra diesel.

Obviously going to try and push for some financial reimbursement.

If they are stubborn and refuse, what's the chances of success if I were to raise a small claims action? Just that I wont be 'x' amount of pocket at the moment just over the coming weeks/months/years.