Help.... Cl finance

kiltedman

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3921 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, hope you guys can give me some advice, basically back at the end of last year my mum received a letter from JB Recoveries about some alleged debt. she had no knowledge of this so i Sent them a CCa Request with a cheque for the £1 fee. she got back a photo copy of some old credit agreement from 1998 but nothing else so we sent them a Subject access request with a cheque for the £10 fee. since then we forgot all about it as we have not heard anything from them.

Then my mother receives a statement from cl finance for £10,000. A statement nothing else. we sent them a cca request and heard nothing, then two weeks ago she gets another statement from them so again we have sent them a cca request, a subject access request and also a statued barred letter (because if she did owe any money its from back in 1998) today she received a letter acknowledgeing receipt of the letter but they say that "we have been advised that you made a £10.00 payment towards this account on 08/01/10 by JB Recoveries who are instructed to act on our behalf. We therefore do not agree with your comments that this debt is statute barred and request that you contact us with your payment proposals by return."

Now the only £10.00 that has ever been sent was for the subject access request to jb recoveries. they seem to have sent nothing but used the money against the account. The £10.00 was sent by cheque from my account (not mothers) solely for the purpose of the request.

Any ideas what i can send to Cl finance and JB recoveries to try and settle this matter. My we have done a Sar request to the bank that the loan was originally taken out with, my mum is still with that bank so surely if she is meant to owe this money they would just take money from her account.

any help?