Blackheath Loans - HELP!!!!

loshin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4905 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took out a loan with these a few years back and a friend of mine stood as guarentoor. Due to financial probs I defaulted in June, since then I have been trying to set up a payment plan with them but they have ignored all my letters, instead they just phone me at work (I work in an open plan office) and cant talk there.

They have no sent a County Court summons to my guartentoor and are refusing to deal with me unless I pay them £300 in 7 days. I cant afford this but I dont want my friend getting into trouble,

Any advice

Just had a quick browse of their website, and it would seem that they are not completely honest in order to get people into debt!

Advertising standards Authority might be interested to have a look.

Anyhow, the calling you at work is a BIG NO NO! That is complaint number one, who is the homeowner? I assume it is your friend?

How much was the loan for?

When did you take this out and how?

What were, if any, the amounts to be repaid, weekly/monthly to them?

Blackheath Loans also trade as Guarantorloans.com

Edited by Bazooka Boo

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The original loan was for 3000 and the payments were 145 per month, I missed the last two.

What should I do next? Im really worried about this. I dont want a CCJ but Im scared my friend will get one

Just had a quick browse of their website, and it would seem that they are not completely honest in order to get people into debt!

Advertising standards Authority might be interested to have a look.

Anyhow, the calling you at work is a BIG NO NO! That is complaint number one, who is the homeowner? I assume it is your friend?

How much was the loan for?

When did you take this out and how?

What were, if any, the amounts to be repaid, weekly/monthly to them?

Blackheath Loans also trade as Guarantorloans.com

You're right. A thoroughly misleading website. The OFT should take a look as well as the ASA.

There is nothing to be worried about, simply pay them what you owe, when you can, if it means another two payments of £145, then so be it, let them threaten away, their is nothing they can do, least of all make you bankrupt.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Do you have evidence that you have tried to communicate with them, ? Any judge would not find it acceptable that they have ignored any communication from you in your attempt to make repayments... for being 2 months in arrears this seems very agressive and unreasonable of them.

This company appears to operate from a residential address in Hampstead. It does have a consumer credit licence and is registered with ICO.

Looking at one of its other websites, I note that it fails to meet the requirements of the Companies Act 2006.

Does the County Court claim they've sent to the guarantor have a court stamp? Can you post up the particulars of claim?

• 2 weeks later...

I took out a loan with Blackheath Loans approx 3 years ago for 3000 and a friend stood as guarentoor. In June of this year I started experiencing severe personal problems and I contacted Blackheath asking them if I could set up a payment plan as I could no longer pay the monthly amount, They never responded to my letters, but they phoned me at work several times (I work in an open plan office) so I asked them to stop and put all correspondence in writing. They never did.

They have no summoned my gurantoor to court and are refusing to deal with me. Although we are not close friends anymore, this is my debt they should be dealing with him. I am scared that I will get a CCJ or worse that he will!!!

Any adcvice???