HFC Credit Agreements, 1st Credit want me to verify my signature

lamb909
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4632 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

as above really I have received CCA's for HFC from 1st credit, they look to be all ok in terms of enforceablility but 1st Credit are asking me to verify my signature so that they can send any other documents out, now obvioulsy I hoped they woud be unenforcable but seen as they dont seem to be, how can i check when I last made a payment, there are 2 agreements, one dated 2003 and the other 2004 but i honesly cant remember when I stopped paying. They are 2 HP agreeements for PCs bought at Dixons I think.

they go to say that I have to prove its not my signature by sending a copy of drivers licences etc and if it doesnt match, they can take it as it was fraud and i should report it to police and they will help all they can (very nice of them)

Like I said I only want to see statements but if I admit its my signature am I then in trouble due to staue barred (which may be or may not be)

Help muchly appreciated, ta

as above really I have received CCA's for HFC from 1st credit, they look to be all ok in terms of enforceablility but 1st Credit are asking me to verify my signature so that they can send any other documents out, now obvioulsy I hoped they woud be unenforcable but seen as they dont seem to be, how can i check when I last made a payment, there are 2 agreements, one dated 2003 and the other 2004 but i honesly cant remember when I stopped paying. They are 2 HP agreeements for PCs bought at Dixons I think.

they go to say that I have to prove its not my signature by sending a copy of drivers licences etc and if it doesnt match, they can take it as it was fraud and i should report it to police and they will help all they can (very nice of them)

Like I said I only want to see statements but if I admit its my signature am I then in trouble due to staue barred (which may be or may not be)

Help muchly appreciated, ta

I am a bit confused - have they sent you agreements with a signature on that is not yours?

Or have they not sent you anything with signatures on as yet?

1st Crud have no right to see your personal details, if they are unsure it is you they should not be chasing you in the first place!

Tell them to complete their legal obligations by sending you the documents or you will report them to the relevant authorities.

NEVER send them a copy of your signature or drivers licence/passport etc.

Scan in and post up the CCA's, remember to remove all personal details i.e. name, address, reference numbers, barcodes and full amount.

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

I am a bit confused - have they sent you agreements with a signature on that is not yours?

Or have they not sent you anything with signatures on as yet?

yes its mine but they said they wont supply any further documents (ie statements) until I confirm it is mine and if I did this I *think* it doesnt help my case in case its statue barred, hope this makes sense

yes its mine but they said they wont supply any further documents (ie statements) until I confirm it is mine and if I did this I *think* it doesnt help my case in case its statue barred, hope this makes sense

I dont see what their issue is - you are entitled to statements with or without a cca request.

The signature should not be an issue.

Admitting or denying the signature will not effect it being Stat Barred - it either is stat Barred or it isn't.

• Confused 1

Send them a letter asking for copies of your statements and include the following paragraphs.

I note that you have sent correspondence containing sensitive private information to me at same address as that detailed in my s.78(1) request. If you are concerned that you are corresponding with the correct person I wonder why you have not verified the information before.

As you are aware, disclosing data without adequate checks of identity is contrary to the 7th principal of data protection, listed in schedule 1 of the Data protection Act 1998. The time to confirm my identity was before you sent your first letter.

Dont send them any personal info.

From the OFT Guidelines

Deceptive and/or unfair methods

2.7 Dealings with debtors are not to be deceitful and/or unfair.

2.8 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

j. requiring an individual to supply information to prove they are not the

debtor in question, for example, driving licences, passports, full name,

date of birth, signatures

Apart from breaching the Guidelines there's no legal requirement for a person to sign a letter etc, I came across some useful info when I looked into this signature lark, here's the link if you're interested . .

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&p=2788625#post2788625

Good luck

R

Edited by Revenant
  • Confused 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Hi Lamb,

You need to open a photobucket account, upload your image minus all personal details, barcodes & reference numbers and the cut and paste the link.

http://photobucket.com/

Best Wishes

Stigman

Edited by Stigman
Missed off the photobucket link lol :)

NEVER telephone a DCA

Update, Ist Credit have replied saying " We do not have any concerns we are dealing with xxx x xxxxx. This information was alreday verified, We apologise to you for the confusion caused by a letter being sent for further info. That was not required and was sent in error. as stated in the letters sent to you under seperate cover there is fee of 10 pounds to provide copy statements, we look forward to recipt of this payment etc etc

hfc bank account number xxxxx last paynent sep 2006

as above xxxxx last payment march 2006

so they are not statue barred and i presume the cca is enforceable

any help much appreciated thanks

1st Credit will hold very little data, therefore the SAR request should be sent to HFC Bank.

Couldn't open up the link, but please scan in and have the CCA's checked out for enforcability.

As to the dates, wait until you get the SAR request back from HFC Bank.

Best Wishes

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA