Situation with O2 and Debt Collection Agency

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4927 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I am currently in a situation with O2 and a debt collection agency through no fault of my own and I was wondering if anyone could offer me some advice.

About 2 months ago I ordered a mobile upgrade with o2 on the phone. Less than 24 hours later I cancelled the order and my contract as I was told that the phone was not in stock, and I went out and bought the same phone with another provider.

However it turned out that the phone was in stock and one had been sent to my home address, however I was not at home to receive it and it was sent back to the depot.

About a week later I received a text from O2 saying that my next bill would be £600! So I called them up and explained the situation, the adviser looked at my record and confirmed that the phone was back at the depot and I had not received it. The adviser could not remove the outstanding amount because they had not physically received the phone back, but advised me to cancel the direct debit I have with them to ensure that the money would not be taken out of my account. So I did.

Now about 2 months later, I received a letter from a debt recovery agency saying that I owe O2 £600. Furious with O2, I called them up and told them what had happened, they looked at my record and saw that the phone had been returned so I shouldn't be owing them any money in the first place. They assured me that they have/will be sorting it out with the debt collection agency.

Now having spoken to both organisations, I'm concerned that this incident will affect my credit file. O2 say that they have nothing to do with my credit file and that it's up to the debt agency to edit my file, while the debt agency say the opposite - that O2 are responsible for changes to my credit file for the moment. Though they did say it's probably down as a late payment now and if the case went to county court then it would be put down on my credit file.

Anyone know for sure or can offer me any advice?

Thanks!

Hi,

The best piece of advice I can give you is to STAY OFF THE PHONE! Phone staff do forget about you once the phone has been put down

If o2 have the facility to email them, I would do that or write a complaint to their head office. Keep copies of emails (printed) try to get a read receipt. If you write to them, send it by recorded delivery.

If the debt collector calls, just tell em this is in dispute and you will not deal with them

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Is there anything on your credit file? (CRF)

If there is then it will tell you who has placed the incorrect info on there, either O2 or the DCA, who is by the way? Not Lowell by any chance??

Muppets.

This is the CEO's email address for O2 if this isn't sorted out soon enough, email him, although he won't answer you directly, someone from his office will!

[email protected]

Yes deal with O2 ONLY, the tin pot useless DCA can go swing.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Moorcr@p even better!

Either way, you can safely ignore them, your dispute is with O2, tell O2 to sort it out immediately.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!